-Browse 3DEM data
-Recently released data
-Oct 18, 2017 (EMDB: 28, PDB:18)
+Oct 11, 2017 (EMDB: 9, PDB:5)
+Oct 4, 2017 (EMDB: 15, PDB:11)
-Recent 3DEM papers
-Design of coiled-coil protein-origami cages that self-assemble in vitro and in vivo.
Nat. Biotechnol., Year 2017
Ajasja Ljubetič / Fabio Lapenta / Helena Gradišar / Igor Drobnak / Jana Aupič / Žiga Strmšek / Duško Lainšček / Iva Hafner-Bratkovič / Andreja Majerle / Nuša Krivec / Mojca Benčina / Tomaž Pisanski / Tanja Ćirković Veličković / Adam Round / José María Carazo / Roberto Melero / Roman Jerala
Methods: EM (single particle)
-TORC1 organized in inhibited domains (TOROIDs) regulate TORC1 activity.
Nature, Vol. 550, Issue 7675, Page 265-269, Year 2017
Manoël Prouteau / Ambroise Desfosses / Christian Sieben / Clélia Bourgoint / Nour Lydia Mozaffari / Davide Demurtas / Alok K Mitra / Paul Guichard / Suliana Manley / Robbie Loewith
Methods: EM (helical sym.)
+Nucleosome-Chd1 structure and implications for chromatin remodelling.
+Cryo-electron microscopy structure of the lysosomal calcium-permeable channel TRPML3.
+Structure of mammalian endolysosomal TRPML1 channel in nanodiscs.
-About EM Navigator
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
3D electron microscopy data browser
- Browser for 3D electron microscopy (3D-EM) data of biological molecules and assemblies.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / PDBj / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EMN Search / EMN Papers / EMN Gallery / EMN Statistics / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi