+Cell cycle related (156)
+DNA replication & repair (464)
+RNA transcription & splicing (581)
+Ribosomes - 70S & others (bacteria, archaea, organelles) (422)
+Ribosomes - 80S (eukaryal cytoplasm) (291)
+Ribosomal components (604)
+Protein refolding & degradation (562)
+Respiratory pigments (hemoglobin & hemocyanin) (27)
+Membrane (receptors, channels & pumps) (1121)
+Membrane (pores forming & transformation) (261)
+Cytoskeleton & motors (723)
+Needles, pili, secretion machineries & flagella (316)
+Amyloid fibrils (125)
+Cells & organelles (111)
+Viruses & virus-like particles (host: bacteria & archaea） (329)
+Viruses & virus-like particles (host: eukarya） (950)
+Viral components (848)
+Engineered molecules (DNA origami, synthetic peptides) (189)
+About EMN Gallery
-Feb 20, 2018. PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
Image gallery of 3DEM data
- Categorization is done by EM Navigator manager manually. It is not strict.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / EM Navigator