-Browse 3DEM data
-Recently released data
-Feb 20, 2019 (EMDB: 59, PDB:30)
+Feb 13, 2019 (EMDB: 21, PDB:9)
+Feb 6, 2019 (EMDB: 23, PDB:17)
-Recent 3DEM papers
-A human postcatalytic spliceosome structure reveals essential roles of metazoan factors for exon ligation.
-Structural insight into nucleosome transcription by RNA polymerase II with elongation factors.
+Structural Basis of Nav1.7 Inhibition by a Gating-Modifier Spider Toxin.
Cell, Vol. 176, Issue 4, Page 702-715.e14, Year 2019
Hui Xu / Tianbo Li / Alexis Rohou / Christopher P Arthur / Foteini Tzakoniati / Evera Wong / Alberto Estevez / Christine Kugel / Yvonne Franke / Jun Chen / Claudio Ciferri / David H Hackos / Christopher M Koth / Jian Payandeh
Methods: EM (single particle) / X-ray diffraction
+Structural basis of cooling agent and lipid sensing by the cold-activated TRPM8 channel.
+Structural basis of α-scorpion toxin action on Nav channels.
Science, Year 2019
Thomas Clairfeuille / Alexander Cloake / Daniel T Infield / José P Llongueras / Christopher P Arthur / Zhong Rong Li / Yuwen Jian / Marie-France Martin-Eauclaire / Pierre E Bougis / Claudio Ciferri / Christopher A Ahern / Frank Bosmans / David H Hackos / Alexis Rohou / Jian Payandeh
Methods: EM (single particle)
-About EM Navigator
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Feb 20, 2018. PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
+Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
3D electron microscopy data browser
- Browser for 3D electron microscopy (3D-EM) data of biological molecules and assemblies.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / PDBj / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EMN Search / EMN Papers / EMN Gallery / EMN Statistics / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi