-Browse 3DEM data
-Recently released data
-Apr 17, 2019 (EMDB: 35, PDB:24)
+Apr 10, 2019 (EMDB: 32, PDB:17)
+Apr 3, 2019 (EMDB: 50, PDB:34)
-Recent 3DEM papers
-Visualization of clustered protocadherin neuronal self-recognition complexes.
Nature, Year 2019
Julia Brasch / Kerry M Goodman / Alex J Noble / Micah Rapp / Seetha Mannepalli / Fabiana Bahna / Venkata P Dandey / Tristan Bepler / Bonnie Berger / Tom Maniatis / Clinton S Potter / Bridget Carragher / Barry Honig / Lawrence Shapiro
Methods: EM (subtomogram averaging) / EM (tomography)
-Structure and dynamics of the active human parathyroid hormone receptor-1.
Science, Vol. 364, Issue 6436, Page 148-153, Year 2019
Li-Hua Zhao / Shanshan Ma / Ieva Sutkeviciute / Dan-Dan Shen / X Edward Zhou / Parker W de Waal / Chen-Yao Li / Yanyong Kang / Lisa J Clark / Frederic G Jean-Alphonse / Alex D White / Dehua Yang / Antao Dai / Xiaoqing Cai / Jian Chen / Cong Li / Yi Jiang / Tomoyuki Watanabe / Thomas J Gardella / Karsten Melcher / Ming-Wei Wang / Jean-Pierre Vilardaga / H Eric Xu / Yan Zhang
Methods: EM (single particle)
+Mechanism of 5' splice site transfer for human spliceosome activation.
+Transposon molecular domestication and the evolution of the RAG recombinase.
Nature, Year 2019
Yuhang Zhang / Tat Cheung Cheng / Guangrui Huang / Qingyi Lu / Marius D Surleac / Jeffrey D Mandell / Pierre Pontarotti / Andrei J Petrescu / Anlong Xu / Yong Xiong / David G Schatz
Methods: EM (single particle)
+Cryo-EM Structure and Assembly of an Extracellular Contractile Injection System.
Cell, Vol. 177, Issue 2, Page 370-383.e15, Year 2019
Feng Jiang / Ningning Li / Xia Wang / Jiaxuan Cheng / Yaoguang Huang / Yun Yang / Jianguo Yang / Bin Cai / Yi-Ping Wang / Qi Jin / Ning Gao
Methods: EM (helical sym.) / EM (single particle)
-About EM Navigator
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Feb 20, 2018. PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
+Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
3D electron microscopy data browser
- Browser for 3D electron microscopy (3D-EM) data of biological molecules and assemblies.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / PDBj / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EMN Search / EMN Papers / EMN Gallery / EMN Statistics / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi