-Browse 3DEM data
-Recently released data
All the new data for the week / Advanced search
Covid-19 / SARS-CoV-2 / Advanced search
DNA or RNA, (replication, transcription, etc.) / Advanced search
Ribosome & component / Advanced search
Membrane protein, pore forming, transformation / Advanced search
Cytoskeleton & motor / Advanced search
Virus & component / Advanced search
Others / Advanced search
-Recent 3DEM papers
-Structural basis for translational shutdown and immune evasion by the Nsp1 protein of SARS-CoV-2.
Science, Year 2020
Matthias Thoms / Robert Buschauer / Michael Ameismeier / Lennart Koepke / Timo Denk / Maximilian Hirschenberger / Hanna Kratzat / Manuel Hayn / Timur Mackens-Kiani / Jingdong Cheng / Jan H Straub / Christina M Stürzel / Thomas Fröhlich / Otto Berninghausen / Thomas Becker / Frank Kirchhoff / Konstantin M J Sparrer / Roland Beckmann
Methods: EM (single particle)
-Structure of the human sodium leak channel NALCN.
Nature, Year 2020
Marc Kschonsak / Han Chow Chua / Cameron L Noland / Claudia Weidling / Thomas Clairfeuille / Oskar Ørts Bahlke / Aishat Oluwanifemi Ameen / Zhong Rong Li / Christopher P Arthur / Claudio Ciferri / Stephan Alexander Pless / Jian Payandeh
Methods: EM (single particle)
+Subnanometer-resolution structure determination in situ by hybrid subtomogram averaging - single particle cryo-EM.
+Pre-initiation and elongation structures of full-length La Crosse virus polymerase reveal functionally important conformational changes.
Nat Commun, Vol. 11, Issue 1, Page 3590, Year 2020
Benoît Arragain / Grégory Effantin / Piotr Gerlach / Juan Reguera / Guy Schoehn / Stephen Cusack / Hélène Malet
Methods: EM (single particle) / X-ray diffraction
+A structural framework for unidirectional transport by a bacterial ABC exporter.
-About EM Navigator
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices
-Jul 5, 2019. Downlodablable text data
Downlodablable text data
- Some data of EM Navigator services can be downloaded as text file. Software such as Excel can load the data files.
Page Data Format EMN Search search result CSV, TSV, or JSON EMN statistics data table CSV or TSV
Related info.:EMN Search / EMN Statistics
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Feb 20, 2018. PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
PDBj/BINDS workshop in Osaka University
+Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links:The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
3D electron microscopy data browser
- Browser for 3D electron microscopy (3D-EM) data of biological molecules and assemblies.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / PDBj / Q: What is the data source of EM Navigator? / EMN Search / EMN Papers / EMN Gallery / EMN Statistics / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi