|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 3744|
|Title||Pronase-treated straight filament in Alzheimer's disease brain|
|Method||helical reconstruction / cryo EM / 4.9 Å resolution|
|Authors||Fitzpatrick AWP / Falcon B / He S / Murzin AG / Murshudov G / Garringer HG / Crowther RA / Ghetti B / Goedert M / Scheres SHW|
|Citation||Journal: Nature / Year: 2017|
Title: Cryo-EM structures of tau filaments from Alzheimer's disease.
Authors: Anthony W P Fitzpatrick / Benjamin Falcon / Shaoda He / Alexey G Murzin / Garib Murshudov / Holly J Garringer / R Anthony Crowther / Bernardino Ghetti / Michel Goedert / Sjors H W Scheres
|Date||Deposition: May 25, 2017 / Header (metadata) release: Jul 26, 2017 / Map release: Jul 26, 2017 / Last update: Aug 2, 2017|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||emd_3744.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 78733 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.15 Å|
CCP4 map header:
|Entire||Name: Tau / Number of components: 2|
-Component #2: protein, Tau
|Protein||Name: Tau / Recombinant expression: No|
|Specimen||Specimen state: tissue / Method: cryo EM|
|Helical parameters||Axial symmetry: C1 (asymmetric) / Delta z: 4.78 Å / Delta phi: -1.01 deg.|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 1 mg/ml|
Buffer solution: 20 mM Tris-HCl pH 7.4 containing 100 MM NaCl
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 277.15 K / Humidity: 100 %|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 2.5 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Cs: 2.7 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 900 - 3000 nm / Energy filter: GIF Quantum / Energy window: -10-10 eV|
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 QUANTUM (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 523|
Details: images were collected in movie-mode at 1.2 frames per second
|Processing||Method: helical reconstruction|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 4.9 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Atomic model buiding
|Modeling #1||Refinement protocol: flexible / Target criteria: Fourier shell correlation / Refinement space: RECIPROCAL|
Details: Fourier-space refinement of the complete atomic model against the paired helical filament and straight filament maps was performed in REFMAC. A stack of three consecutive monomers from each of the protofilaments was refined to preserve nearest-neighbour interactions for the middle chain.
Input PDB model: 2RNM
Chain ID: 2RNM_A
Overall bvalue: 79
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
-Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
+Apr 13, 2016. Omokage search got faster
Omokage search got faster
- The computation time became ~1/2 compared to the previous version by re-optimization of data accession
- Enjoy "shape similarity" of biomolecules, more!
Related info.: Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi