|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 5lij|
|Title||polyalanine chain built in bacteriophage phi812K1-420 cement protein density map|
|Descriptor||polyalanine chain built in bacteriophage phi812K1-420 cement protein density map|
|Keywords||VIRAL PROTEIN / polyvalent staphylococcal bactoriophage / Myoviridae / tail sheath / tail contraction / viral protein|
|Specimen source||Staphylococcus phage 812 / virus|
|Method||Electron microscopy (4.2 Å resolution / Particle / Single particle)|
|Authors||Novacek, J. / Siborova, M. / Benesik, M. / Pantucek, R. / Doskar, J. / Plevka, P.|
|Citation||Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2016, 113, 9351-9356|
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2016, 113, 9351-9356 Yorodumi Papers
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Jul 14, 2016 / Release: Jul 26, 2017|
Downloads & links
P: polyalanine chain built in bacteriophage phi812K1-420 cement protein density map
Mass: 10821.817 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Source: (gene. exp.) Staphylococcus phage 812 / virus
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / Reconstruction method: SINGLE PARTICLE|
|Component||Name: Staphylococcus phage 812 / Type: VIRUS / Entity ID: 1 / Source: NATURAL|
|Molecular weight||Experimental value: NO|
|Source (natural)||Organism: Staphylococcus phage 812 / Strain: K420|
|Details of virus||Empty: NO / Enveloped: NO / Virus isolate: SPECIES / Virus type: VIRION|
|Natural host||Organism: Staphylococcus aureus|
|Virus shell||Diameter: 1100 Å / Triangulation number (T number): 16|
|Buffer solution||pH: 8|
|Specimen||Conc.: 1 mg/ml / Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Specimen support||Grid material: COPPER / Grid mesh size: 200 / Grid type: Quantifoil R2/1|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Humidity: 100 % / Chamber temperature: 295 kelvins|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Cs: 2.7 mm / C2 aperture diameter: 100 mm / Alignment procedure: COMA FREE|
|Specimen holder||Cryogen: NITROGEN / Specimen holder model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Image recording||Average exposure time: 0.86 sec. / Electron dose: 20 e/Å2 / Detector mode: INTEGRATING / Film or detector model: FEI FALCON II (4k x 4k)|
|Image scans||Movie frames/image: 7|
|CTF correction||Type: PHASE FLIPPING ONLY|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 4.2 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Number of particles: 12018 / Algorithm: FOURIER SPACE / Symmetry type: HELICAL|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi