|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 7029|
|Title||CryoEM map from poorly ordered myosin thick filaments isolated from asynchronous flight muscle of the large waterbug Lethocerus indicus|
|Sample||Lethocerus flight muscle myosin filament|
|Source||Lethocerus indicus / arthropod /|
|Map data||Primary map|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 6.4 Å resolution|
|Authors||Taylor KA / Taylor D / Hu Z / Edwards RJ|
|Citation||J. Struct. Biol., 2017, 200, 334-342|
|Date||Deposition: Sep 15, 2017 / Header (metadata) release: Oct 11, 2017 / Map release: Oct 11, 2017 / Last update: Feb 14, 2018|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_7029.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 322487 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.223 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Lethocerus flight muscle myosin filament
|Entire||Name: Lethocerus flight muscle myosin filament / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, Lethocerus flight muscle myosin filament
|Protein||Name: Lethocerus flight muscle myosin filament / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Lethocerus indicus / arthropod /|
|Source (natural)||Organelle: myofibril / Organ or tissue: striated muscle|
|Sample solution||pH: 6.8|
|Support film||Gatan Solarus 950.M plasma cleaner|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 295 K / Humidity: 100 %|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
Details: All data collection details may be found in Z. Hu, D. W. Taylor, M. K. Reedy, R. J. Edwards, K. A. Taylor, Structure of myosin filaments from relaxed Lethocerus flight muscle by cryo-EM at 6 Angstrom resolution. Sci. Adv. 2, e1600058 (2016). Can also be found in the Specimen section of EMD-3301
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 65 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 1500 - 3000 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Image acquisition||Details: All specimen and sample preparation details may be found in Z. Hu, D. W. Taylor, M. K. Reedy, R. J. Edwards, K. A. Taylor, Structure of myosin filaments from relaxed Lethocerus flight muscle by cryo-EM at 6 Angstrom resolution. Sci. Adv. 2, e1600058 (2016). Can also be found in the Specimen section of EMD-3301|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi