|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-31121|
|Title||TFIID-based core PIC on SCP+3 promoter|
|Sample||TFIID-based core PIC on SCP+3 promoter|
|Biological species||Homo sapiens (human)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 6.5 Å|
|Authors||Chen X / Qi Y / Hou H / Wang X / Wu Z / Li J / Xu Y|
|Citation||Journal: Science / Year: 2021|
Title: Structural insights into preinitiation complex assembly on core promoters.
Authors: Xizi Chen / Yilun Qi / Zihan Wu / Xinxin Wang / Jiabei Li / Dan Zhao / Haifeng Hou / Yan Li / Zishuo Yu / Weida Liu / Mo Wang / Yulei Ren / Ze Li / Huirong Yang / Yanhui Xu /
Abstract: Transcription factor IID (TFIID) recognizes core promoters and supports preinitiation complex (PIC) assembly for RNA polymerase II (Pol II)-mediated eukaryotic transcription. We determined the ...Transcription factor IID (TFIID) recognizes core promoters and supports preinitiation complex (PIC) assembly for RNA polymerase II (Pol II)-mediated eukaryotic transcription. We determined the structures of human TFIID-based PIC in three stepwise assembly states and revealed two-track PIC assembly: stepwise promoter deposition to Pol II and extensive modular reorganization on track I (on TATA-TFIID-binding element promoters) versus direct promoter deposition on track II (on TATA-only and TATA-less promoters). The two tracks converge at an ~50-subunit holo PIC in identical conformation, whereby TFIID stabilizes PIC organization and supports loading of cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK)-activating kinase (CAK) onto Pol II and CAK-mediated phosphorylation of the Pol II carboxyl-terminal domain. Unexpectedly, TBP of TFIID similarly bends TATA box and TATA-less promoters in PIC. Our study provides structural visualization of stepwise PIC assembly on highly diversified promoters.
|Validation Report||Summary, Full report, XML, About validation report|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_31121.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 421.9 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.142 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire TFIID-based core PIC on SCP+3 promoter
|Entire||Name: TFIID-based core PIC on SCP+3 promoter / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, TFIID-based core PIC on SCP+3 promoter
|Protein||Name: TFIID-based core PIC on SCP+3 promoter / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Homo sapiens (human)|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Homo sapiens (human)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.9|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Talos Arctica / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TALOS ARCTICA|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 50 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 19028|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 6.5 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi