|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 6acd|
|Title||Trypsin-cleaved and low pH-treated SARS-CoV spike glycoprotein and ACE2 complex, ACE2-free conformation with one RBD in up conformation|
|Keywords||VIRAL PROTEIN / SARS-CoV / spike / glycoprotein / Class I fusion protein / membrane fusion|
|Function / homology||Coronavirus S2 glycoprotein / Spike glycoprotein N-terminal domain / Spike receptor binding domain / Coronavirus S2 glycoprotein / Spike receptor binding domain / Coronovirus spike glycoprotein, heptad repeat 2 domain / Spike glycoprotein, N-terminal / Spike receptor binding domain superfamily / host cell endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment membrane / receptor-mediated virion attachment to host cell ...Coronavirus S2 glycoprotein / Spike glycoprotein N-terminal domain / Spike receptor binding domain / Coronavirus S2 glycoprotein / Spike receptor binding domain / Coronovirus spike glycoprotein, heptad repeat 2 domain / Spike glycoprotein, N-terminal / Spike receptor binding domain superfamily / host cell endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment membrane / receptor-mediated virion attachment to host cell / host cell surface receptor binding / fusion of virus membrane with host endosome membrane / viral envelope / pathogenesis / host cell plasma membrane / virion membrane / integral component of membrane / identical protein binding / Spike glycoprotein|
Function and homology information
|Specimen source||Human SARS coronavirus|
|Method||ELECTRON MICROSCOPY / single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / 3.9 Å resolution|
|Authors||Gui, M. / Song, W.|
|Citation||Journal: PLoS Pathog. / Year: 2018|
Title: Cryo-EM structure of the SARS coronavirus spike glycoprotein in complex with its host cell receptor ACE2.
Authors: Wenfei Song / Miao Gui / Xinquan Wang / Ye Xiang
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Jul 26, 2018 / Release: Aug 8, 2018|
|Structure viewer||Molecule: |
Downloads & links
A: Spike glycoprotein
B: Spike glycoprotein
C: Spike glycoprotein
Mass: 133763.422 Da / Num. of mol.: 3 / Source: (gene. exp.) Human SARS coronavirus / Gene: S, 2 / Production host: Spodoptera frugiperda (fall armyworm) / References: UniProt: P59594
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / Reconstruction method: single particle reconstruction|
|Component||Name: Trypsin-cleaved and low pH-treated SARS-CoV spike glycoprotein|
Type: COMPLEX / Entity ID: 1 / Source: RECOMBINANT
|Molecular weight||Value: 0.4 MDa / Experimental value: NO|
|Source (natural)||Organism: SARS coronavirus|
|Source (recombinant)||Organism: Spodoptera frugiperda (fall armyworm)|
|Buffer solution||pH: 5.8|
|Specimen||Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELDBright-field microscopy|
|Image recording||Average exposure time: 8 / Electron dose: 50 / Film or detector model: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|EM software||Name: RELION / Version: 1.4 / Category: 3D reconstruction|
|CTF correction||Type: PHASE FLIPPING AND AMPLITUDE CORRECTION|
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: C1|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 3.9 / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Number of particles: 174489 / Symmetry type: POINT|
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi