|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 5nd1|
|Title||Viral evolution results in multiple, surface-allocated enzymatic activities in a fungal double-stranded RNA virus|
|Components||(Capsid protein) x 2|
|Keywords||VIRUS / RnQV1 / dsRNA virus / fungal virus / virus|
|Specimen source||Rosellinia necatrix quadrivirus 1 / virus|
|Method||Electron microscopy (3.7 Å resolution / Particle / Single particle) / Transmission electron microscopy|
|Authors||Mata, C.P. / Luque, D. / Gomez Blanco, J. / Rodriguez, J.M. / Suzuki, N. / Ghabrial, S.A. / Carrascosa, J.L. / Trus, B.L. / Caston, J.R.|
|Citation||To Be Published|
To Be Published Search PubMed
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Mar 7, 2017 / Release: Nov 29, 2017|
Downloads & links
A: Capsid protein
B: Capsid protein
|#1: Protein/peptide|| |
Mass: 147782.375 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Source: (natural) Rosellinia necatrix quadrivirus 1 / virus / References: UniProt: M1VMJ0
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / Reconstruction method: SINGLE PARTICLE|
|Component||Name: virus / Type: VIRUS / Entity ID: 1,||Molecular weight||Value: 15.9 deg. / Units: MEGADALTONS / Experimental value: YES||Details of virus||Empty: YES / Enveloped: NO / Virus isolate: STRAIN / Virus type: VIRION||Natural host||Organism: Rosellinia necatrix||Virus shell||Name: P2 and P4 capsid proteins / Diameter: 470 Å / Triangulation number (T number): 1||Buffer solution||Details: 50 mM Tris-HCl pH 7.8, 150 mM NaCl, 5 mM EDTA / pH: 7.8||Specimen||Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES||Specimen support||Grid material: COPPER/RHODIUM / Grid mesh size: 300 / Grid type: Quantifoil R2/2||Vitrification||Instrument: LEICA EM CPC / Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Calibrated defocus min: 700 nm / Calibrated defocus max: 3500 nm / Cs: 2.7 mm|
|Specimen holder||Cryogen: NITROGEN / Specimen holder model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Image recording||Average exposure time: 2 sec. / Electron dose: 1.7 e/Å2 / Film or detector model: FEI FALCON II (4k x 4k)|
|Image scans||Movie frames/image: 24 / Used frames/image: 4-21|
|CTF correction||Type: PHASE FLIPPING ONLY|
|Particle selection||Number of particles selected: 53683|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 3.7 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Number of particles: 37531 / Symmetry type: POINT|
|Atomic model building||Ref protocol: BACKBONE TRACE|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi