|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 2hgf|
|Title||HAIRPIN LOOP CONTAINING DOMAIN OF HEPATOCYTE GROWTH FACTOR, NMR, MINIMIZED AVERAGE STRUCTURE|
|Components||HEPATOCYTE GROWTH FACTOR|
|Keywords||HEPATOCYTE GROWTH FACTOR / SCATTER FACTOR / HAIRPIN LOOP / HEPARIN BINDING / PLASMINOGEN RELATED / NK1|
|Function / homology|
Function and homology information
positive regulation of neuron projection regeneration / regulation of branching involved in salivary gland morphogenesis by mesenchymal-epithelial signaling / regulation of p38MAPK cascade / Drug-mediated inhibition of MET activation / MET activates STAT3 / skeletal muscle cell proliferation / negative regulation of hydrogen peroxide-mediated programmed cell death / positive regulation of myelination / MET interacts with TNS proteins / regulation of tau-protein kinase activity ...positive regulation of neuron projection regeneration / regulation of branching involved in salivary gland morphogenesis by mesenchymal-epithelial signaling / regulation of p38MAPK cascade / Drug-mediated inhibition of MET activation / MET activates STAT3 / skeletal muscle cell proliferation / negative regulation of hydrogen peroxide-mediated programmed cell death / positive regulation of myelination / MET interacts with TNS proteins / regulation of tau-protein kinase activity / MET Receptor Activation / hepatocyte growth factor receptor signaling pathway / MET receptor recycling / MET activates PTPN11 / MET activates RAP1 and RAC1 / MET activates PI3K/AKT signaling / myoblast proliferation / positive regulation of DNA biosynthetic process / MET activates PTK2 signaling / cellular response to hepatocyte growth factor stimulus / positive regulation of interleukin-10 production / negative regulation of release of cytochrome c from mitochondria / negative regulation of interleukin-6 production / epithelial to mesenchymal transition / chemoattractant activity / positive regulation of osteoblast differentiation / MET activates RAS signaling / animal organ regeneration / negative regulation of extrinsic apoptotic signaling pathway via death domain receptors / negative regulation of peptidyl-serine phosphorylation / Interleukin-7 signaling / cell chemotaxis / negative regulation of autophagy / liver development / platelet alpha granule lumen / epithelial cell proliferation / Negative regulation of MET activity / growth factor activity / cell morphogenesis / negative regulation of inflammatory response / negative regulation of cysteine-type endopeptidase activity involved in apoptotic process / Constitutive Signaling by Aberrant PI3K in Cancer / positive regulation of angiogenesis / positive regulation of peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation / Platelet degranulation / PIP3 activates AKT signaling / positive regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling / mitotic cell cycle / PI5P, PP2A and IER3 Regulate PI3K/AKT Signaling / RAF/MAP kinase cascade / Interleukin-4 and Interleukin-13 signaling / positive regulation of MAPK cascade / positive regulation of cell migration / positive regulation of protein phosphorylation / signaling receptor binding / protein-containing complex binding / negative regulation of apoptotic process / positive regulation of transcription by RNA polymerase II / extracellular space / extracellular region / membrane / identical protein binding
Similarity search - Function
Hepatocyte growth factor / Hepatocyte growth factor/Macrophage stimulatory protein / Hepatocyte Growth Factor / Hepatocyte Growth Factor / divergent subfamily of APPLE domains / PAN/Apple domain profile. / PAN domain / PAN/Apple domain / Kringle domain / Kringle ...Hepatocyte growth factor / Hepatocyte growth factor/Macrophage stimulatory protein / Hepatocyte Growth Factor / Hepatocyte Growth Factor / divergent subfamily of APPLE domains / PAN/Apple domain profile. / PAN domain / PAN/Apple domain / Kringle domain / Kringle / Kringle, conserved site / Kringle superfamily / Kringle domain signature. / Kringle domain profile. / Kringle domain / Kringle-like fold / 3-Layer(bba) Sandwich / Peptidase S1A, chymotrypsin family / Serine proteases, trypsin domain profile. / Trypsin-like serine protease / Serine proteases, trypsin domain / Trypsin / Peptidase S1, PA clan, chymotrypsin-like fold / Peptidase S1, PA clan / Alpha Beta
Similarity search - Domain/homology
Hepatocyte growth factor
Similarity search - Component
|Biological species||Homo sapiens (human)|
|Method||SOLUTION NMR / DISTANCE-GEOMETRY SIMULATED ANNEALING|
|Authors||Zhou, H. / Mazzulla, M.J. / Kaufman, J.D. / Stahl, S.J. / Wingfield, P.T. / Rubin, J.S. / Bottaro, D.P. / Byrd, R.A.|
Journal: Structure / Year: 1998
Title: The solution structure of the N-terminal domain of hepatocyte growth factor reveals a potential heparin-binding site.
Authors: Zhou, H. / Mazzulla, M.J. / Kaufman, J.D. / Stahl, S.J. / Wingfield, P.T. / Rubin, J.S. / Bottaro, D.P. / Byrd, R.A.
#1: Journal: Biochem.J. / Year: 1997
Title: Functional and Biophysical Characterization of Recombinant Human Hepatocyte Growth Factor Isoforms Produced in Escherichia Coli
Authors: Stahl, S.J. / Wingfield, P.T. / Kaufman, J.D. / Pannell, L.K. / Cioce, V. / Sakata, H. / Taylor, W.G. / Rubin, J.S. / Bottaro, D.P.
|Structure viewer||Molecule: |
Downloads & links
A: HEPATOCYTE GROWTH FACTOR
|#1: Protein|| |
Mass: 11401.286 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Fragment: AMINO TERMINAL DOMAIN
Source method: isolated from a genetically manipulated source
Source: (gene. exp.) Homo sapiens (human) / Production host: Escherichia coli (E. coli) / References: UniProt: P14210
|Experiment||Method: SOLUTION NMR|
|NMR experiment||Type: SEE REFERENCE.|
|Sample conditions||pH: 6.8 / Temperature: 303 K|
*PLUSMethod: other / Details: NMR
|NMR spectrometer||Type: Varian UNITYPLUS / Manufacturer: Varian / Model: UNITYPLUS / Field strength: 600 MHz|
|Refinement||Method: DISTANCE-GEOMETRY SIMULATED ANNEALING / Software ordinal: 1|
|NMR ensemble||Conformer selection criteria: RESTRAINED, MINIMIZED MEAN STRUCTURE|
Conformers calculated total number: 60 / Conformers submitted total number: 1
-Feb 9, 2022. New format data for meta-information of EMDB entries
New format data for meta-information of EMDB entries
- Version 3 of the EMDB header file is now the official format.
- The previous official version 1.9 will be removed from the archive.
Related info.:EMDB header
External links:wwPDB to switch to version 3 of the EMDB data model
-Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
New page: Covid-19 featured information page in EM Navigator.
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
+Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
- The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force.
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is EMD? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary.
- This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software).
- Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
- The word "yorodu" (or yorozu) is an old Japanese word meaning "ten thousand". "mi" (miru) is to see.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi