|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-9788|
|Title||Structure of SUR1 subunit bound with repaglinide|
|Function / homology|
Function and homology information
sulfonylurea receptor activity / ATPase-coupled transmembrane transporter activity / potassium ion transport / integral component of membrane / ATP binding / plasma membrane
ABC transporter type 1, transmembrane domain / AAA+ ATPase domain / ABC transporter transmembrane region / ABC transporter / ABC transporter type 1, transmembrane domain superfamily / P-loop containing nucleoside triphosphate hydrolase / ABC transporter, conserved site / ABC transporter integral membrane type-1 fused domain profile. / ABC transporter-like / ATP-binding cassette, ABC transporter-type domain profile. ...ABC transporter type 1, transmembrane domain / AAA+ ATPase domain / ABC transporter transmembrane region / ABC transporter / ABC transporter type 1, transmembrane domain superfamily / P-loop containing nucleoside triphosphate hydrolase / ABC transporter, conserved site / ABC transporter integral membrane type-1 fused domain profile. / ABC transporter-like / ATP-binding cassette, ABC transporter-type domain profile. / ATP-binding cassette subfamily C member 8 / Sulphonylurea receptor / ABC transporters family signature.
ATP-binding cassette sub-family C member 8 isoform X2
|Biological species||Mus musculus (house mouse) / Mesocricetus auratus (golden hamster)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 3.53 Å|
|Authors||Chen L / Ding D / Wang M / Wu J-X / Kang Y|
|Citation||Journal: Cell Rep / Year: 2019|
Title: The Structural Basis for the Binding of Repaglinide to the Pancreatic K Channel.
Authors: Dian Ding / Mengmeng Wang / Jing-Xiang Wu / Yunlu Kang / Lei Chen /
Abstract: Repaglinide (RPG) is a short-acting insulin secretagogue widely prescribed for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It boosts insulin secretion by inhibiting the pancreatic ATP-sensitive potassium ...Repaglinide (RPG) is a short-acting insulin secretagogue widely prescribed for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It boosts insulin secretion by inhibiting the pancreatic ATP-sensitive potassium channel (K). However, the mechanisms by which RPG binds to the K channel are poorly understood. Here, we describe two cryo-EM structures: the pancreatic K channel in complex with inhibitory RPG and adenosine-5'-(γ-thio)-triphosphate (ATPγS) at 3.3 Å and a medium-resolution structure of a RPG-bound mini SUR1 protein in which the N terminus of the inward-rectifying potassium channel 6.1 (Kir6.1) is fused to the ABC transporter module of the sulfonylurea receptor 1 (SUR1). These structures reveal the binding site of RPG in the SUR1 subunit. Furthermore, the high-resolution structure reveals the complex architecture of the ATP binding site, which is formed by both Kir6.2 and SUR1 subunits, and the domain-domain interaction interfaces.
|Validation Report||PDB-ID: 6jb3|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Jan 25, 2019 / Header (metadata) release: May 22, 2019 / Map release: May 22, 2019 / Update: May 22, 2019|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_9788.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 64 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.324 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
|Entire||Name: SUR1ABCC8 / Number of components: 4|
-Component #1: protein, SUR1
|Protein||Name: SUR1ABCC8 / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Mus musculus (house mouse)|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Homo sapiens (human)|
-Component #2: protein, ATP-binding cassette sub-family C member 8 isoform X2
|Protein||Name: ATP-binding cassette sub-family C member 8 isoform X2 / Number of Copies: 1 / Recombinant expression: No|
|Mass||Theoretical: 177.295516 kDa|
|Source||Species: Mesocricetus auratus (golden hamster)|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Homo sapiens (human)|
-Component #3: ligand, Repaglinide
|Ligand||Name: Repaglinide / Number of Copies: 1 / Recombinant expression: No|
|Mass||Theoretical: 0.452586 kDa|
-Component #4: ligand, Digitonin
|Ligand||Name: Digitonin / Number of Copies: 1 / Recombinant expression: No|
|Mass||Theoretical: 1.229312 kDa|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.5|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 50 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 QUANTUM (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 653991|
|3D reconstruction||Software: RELION / Resolution: 3.53 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
|FSC plot (resolution estimation)|
-Atomic model buiding
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi