|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-9507|
|Title||Cryo-EM map of the RP region of human 26S proteasome at 4.3A|
|Sample||human 26S proteasomeProteasome|
|Biological species||Homo sapiens (human)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 4.3 Å|
|Authors||Huang XL / Luan B / Wu JP / Shi YG|
|Citation||Journal: Nat Struct Mol Biol / Year: 2016|
Title: An atomic structure of the human 26S proteasome.
Authors: Xiuliang Huang / Bai Luan / Jianping Wu / Yigong Shi /
Abstract: We report the cryo-EM structure of the human 26S proteasome at an average resolution of 3.5 Å, allowing atomic modeling of 28 subunits in the core particle (CP) and 18 subunits in the regulatory ...We report the cryo-EM structure of the human 26S proteasome at an average resolution of 3.5 Å, allowing atomic modeling of 28 subunits in the core particle (CP) and 18 subunits in the regulatory particle (RP). The C-terminal residues of Rpt3 and Rpt5 subunits in the RP can be seen inserted into surface pockets formed between adjacent α subunits in the CP. Each of the six Rpt subunits contains a bound nucleotide, and the central gate of the CP α-ring is closed despite RP association. The six pore 1 loops in the Rpt ring are arranged similarly to a spiral staircase along the axial channel of substrate transport, which is constricted by the pore 2 loops. We also determined the cryo-EM structure of the human proteasome bound to the deubiquitinating enzyme USP14 at 4.35-Å resolution. Together, our structures provide a framework for mechanistic understanding of eukaryotic proteasome function.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_9507.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 83.7 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.07 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire human 26S proteasome
|Entire||Name: human 26S proteasomeProteasome / Number of Components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, human 26S proteasome
|Protein||Name: human 26S proteasomeProteasome / Recombinant expression: No|
|Mass||Theoretical: 2.5 MDa|
|Source||Species: Homo sapiens (human)|
|Specimen||Specimen State: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 1 mg/mL / pH: 8|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen Name: ETHANE / Temperature: 281 K / Humidity: 100 % / Details: blot for 2s before plunging.|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron Source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating Voltage: 300 kV / Electron Dose: 37 e/Å2 / Illumination Mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 75000.0 X (nominal) / Imaging Mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER / Temperature: (70.0 - K)|
|Camera||Detector: FEI FALCON II (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of Digital Images: 4881|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Applied Symmetry: C1 (asymmetric) / Number of Projections: 331338|
|3D reconstruction||Software: RELION / Resolution: 4.3 Å / Resolution Method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
New page: Covid-19 featured information page in EM Navigator.
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
- The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force.
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is EMD? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary.
- This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software).
- Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
- The word "yorodu" (or yorozu) is an old Japanese word meaning "ten thousand". "mi" (miru) is to see.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi