|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 9301|
|Title||Human TFIID BC core|
|Map data||primary map|
|Sample||General transcription factor IID:|
|Source||Homo sapiens (human)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / 10.3 Å resolution|
|Authors||Patel AB / Louder RK|
|Citation||Journal: Science / Year: 2018|
Title: Structure of human TFIID and mechanism of TBP loading onto promoter DNA.
Authors: Avinash B Patel / Robert K Louder / Basil J Greber / Sebastian Grünberg / Jie Luo / Jie Fang / Yutong Liu / Jeff Ranish / Steve Hahn / Eva Nogales
Abstract: The general transcription factor IID (TFIID) is a critical component of the eukaryotic transcription preinitiation complex (PIC) and is responsible for recognizing the core promoter DNA and ...The general transcription factor IID (TFIID) is a critical component of the eukaryotic transcription preinitiation complex (PIC) and is responsible for recognizing the core promoter DNA and initiating PIC assembly. We used cryo-electron microscopy, chemical cross-linking mass spectrometry, and biochemical reconstitution to determine the complete molecular architecture of TFIID and define the conformational landscape of TFIID in the process of TATA box-binding protein (TBP) loading onto promoter DNA. Our structural analysis revealed five structural states of TFIID in the presence of TFIIA and promoter DNA, showing that the initial binding of TFIID to the downstream promoter positions the upstream DNA and facilitates scanning of TBP for a TATA box and the subsequent engagement of the promoter. Our findings provide a mechanistic model for the specific loading of TBP by TFIID onto the promoter.
|Date||Deposition: Nov 5, 2018 / Header (metadata) release: Nov 28, 2018 / Map release: Nov 28, 2018 / Last update: Jan 2, 2019|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||emd_9301.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 95552 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.32 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire General transcription factor IID
|Entire||Name: General transcription factor IID / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, General transcription factor IID
|Protein||Name: General transcription factor IID / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Homo sapiens (human) / Strain: HeLa|
|Specimen||Specimen state: particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: .2 mg/ml / pH: 7.9|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 277.15 K / Humidity: 100 % / Details: BT 4s; BF 15N.|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 4 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Cs: 2.7 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 103068|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 10.3 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi