|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-6179|
|Title||One state of F-Actin at near-atomic resolution|
|Sample||Skeletal muscle actin:|
|Keywords||helical polymer / actin filament|
|Function / homology|
Function and homology information
positive regulation of actin-dependent ATPase activity / mesenchyme migration / tropomyosin binding / myosin heavy chain binding / troponin I binding / actin filament bundle / skeletal muscle thin filament assembly / striated muscle thin filament / filamentous actin / actin monomer binding ...positive regulation of actin-dependent ATPase activity / mesenchyme migration / tropomyosin binding / myosin heavy chain binding / troponin I binding / actin filament bundle / skeletal muscle thin filament assembly / striated muscle thin filament / filamentous actin / actin monomer binding / skeletal muscle fiber development / skeletal muscle myofibril / actin filament bundle assembly / stress fiber / titin binding / actin filament polymerization / actin filament / filopodium / cell body / calcium-dependent protein binding / lamellipodium / protein domain specific binding / positive regulation of gene expression / calcium ion binding / magnesium ion binding / ATP binding / identical protein binding / cytoplasm
Actin, conserved site / Actin/actin-like conserved site / Actin family
Actin, alpha skeletal muscle
|Biological species||Oryctolagus cuniculus (rabbit)|
|Method||helical reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 4.7 Å|
|Authors||Galkin VE / Orlova A / Vos MR / Schroder GF / Egelman EH|
|Citation||Journal: Structure / Year: 2015|
Title: Near-atomic resolution for one state of F-actin.
Authors: Vitold E Galkin / Albina Orlova / Matthijn R Vos / Gunnar F Schröder / Edward H Egelman /
Abstract: Actin functions as a helical polymer, F-actin, but attempts to build an atomic model for this filament have been hampered by the fact that the filament cannot be crystallized and by structural ...Actin functions as a helical polymer, F-actin, but attempts to build an atomic model for this filament have been hampered by the fact that the filament cannot be crystallized and by structural heterogeneity. We have used a direct electron detector, cryo-electron microscopy, and the forces imposed on actin filaments in thin films to reconstruct one state of the filament at 4.7 Å resolution, which allows for building a reliable pseudo-atomic model of F-actin. We also report a different state of the filament where actin protomers adopt a conformation observed in the crystal structure of the G-actin-profilin complex with an open ATP-binding cleft. Comparison of the two structural states provides insights into ATP-hydrolysis and filament dynamics. The atomic model provides a framework for understanding why every buried residue in actin has been under intense selective pressure.
|Validation Report||PDB-ID: 3j8i|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_6179.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 19.1 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
generated in cubic-lattice coordinate
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.05 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Skeletal muscle actin
|Entire||Name: Skeletal muscle actin / Number of components: 1 / Oligomeric State: polymer|
-Component #1: protein, actin
|Protein||Name: actin / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Oryctolagus cuniculus (rabbit)|
|Source (natural)||Organ or tissue: skeletal muscle|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Filament / Method: cryo EM|
|Helical parameters||Axial symmetry: C1 (asymmetric) / Hand: LEFT HANDED / Delta z: 27.6 Å / Delta phi: 166.7 %deg;|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Humidity: 90 %|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS / Date: Oct 9, 2014|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Cs: 2.7 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 500 - 3000 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Camera||Detector: FEI FALCON II (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 850|
|Processing||Method: helical reconstruction / Details: IHRSR|
|3D reconstruction||Software: EMAN2, Spider / Resolution: 4.7 Å / Resolution method: OTHER|
-Atomic model buiding
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi