|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 3599|
|Title||Snake Adenovirus type 1|
|Map data||Snake Adenovirus type 1|
|Sample||Snake adenovirus 1:|
|Source||Snake adenovirus 1|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / 10.9 Å resolution|
|Authors||San Martin C / Menendez-Conejero R|
|Citation||Journal: Structure / Year: 2017|
Title: Structure of a Reptilian Adenovirus Reveals a Phage Tailspike Fold Stabilizing a Vertebrate Virus Capsid.
Authors: Rosa Menéndez-Conejero / Thanh H Nguyen / Abhimanyu K Singh / Gabriela N Condezo / Rachel E Marschang / Mark J van Raaij / Carmen San Martín
Abstract: Although non-human adenoviruses (AdVs) might offer solutions to problems posed by human AdVs as therapeutic vectors, little is known about their basic biology. In particular, there are no structural ...Although non-human adenoviruses (AdVs) might offer solutions to problems posed by human AdVs as therapeutic vectors, little is known about their basic biology. In particular, there are no structural studies on the complete virion of any AdV with a non-mammalian host. We combine mass spectrometry, cryo-electron microscopy, and protein crystallography to characterize the composition and structure of a snake AdV (SnAdV-1, Atadenovirus genus). SnAdV-1 particles contain the genus-specific proteins LH3, p32k, and LH2, a previously unrecognized structural component. Remarkably, the cementing protein LH3 has a trimeric β helix fold typical of bacteriophage host attachment proteins. The organization of minor coat proteins differs from that in human AdVs, correlating with higher thermostability in SnAdV-1. These findings add a new piece to the intriguing puzzle of virus evolution, hint at the use of cell entry pathways different from those in human AdVs, and will help development of new, thermostable SnAdV-1-based vectors.
|Date||Deposition: Feb 23, 2017 / Header (metadata) release: Mar 15, 2017 / Map release: Nov 29, 2017 / Last update: Nov 29, 2017|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||emd_3599.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 271670 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.75 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Snake adenovirus 1
|Entire||Name: Snake adenovirus 1 / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: virus, Snake adenovirus 1
|Virus||Name: Snake adenovirus 1 / Class: VIRION / Empty: No / Enveloped: No / Isolate: STRAIN|
|Species||Species: Snake adenovirus 1|
|Specimen||Specimen state: particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.8|
|Vitrification||Instrument: LEICA EM CPC / Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F20 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI F20|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 12 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 50000 X (nominal) / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 300 - 3500 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
-Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
+Apr 13, 2016. Omokage search got faster
Omokage search got faster
- The computation time became ~1/2 compared to the previous version by re-optimization of data accession
- Enjoy "shape similarity" of biomolecules, more!
Related info.: Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi