|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 3283|
|Title||Cryo-EM structure of BK polyomavirus|
|Keywords||BKPyV / BK / polyomavirus|
|Source||BK polyomavirus / virus|
|Map data||Reconstruction of BK polyomavirus (sharpened/masked)|
|Method||single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction, at 7.6 Å resolution|
|Authors||Hurdiss DL / Morgan EL / Thompson RF / Prescott EL / Panou MM / Macdonald A / Ranson NA|
|Citation||Structure, 2016, 24, 528-536|
|Validation Report||PDB-ID: 5fua|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Dec 17, 2015 / Header (metadata) release: Jan 13, 2016 / Map release: Apr 27, 2016 / Last update: May 18, 2016|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_3283.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 221185 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.92 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire BK polyomavirus
|Entire||Name: BK polyomavirus / Number of components: 1 / Oligomeric State: Icosohedral|
-Component #1: virus, BK polyomavirus
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: 10mM HEPES pH 7.9, 1mM CaCl2, 1mM MgCl2, 5mM KCl|
|Support film||Quantifoil R2/1 EM grids|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Humidity: 100 % / Method: 6.5 seconds blot before plunging|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F20 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI F20 / Date: Dec 15, 2014|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 40 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 19000 X (nominal) / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 600 - 4800 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 432|
Details: 4 e-/A2/s, a 4 frames per second frame rate, and a 10 s exposure
-Atomic model buiding
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi