Science Agora 2017 －in Tokyo－
is a generic term for a place connecting science and society, which is open to everyone.
People gathering in this forum will aim to realize “science harmonized with society” and a “society harmonized with science” through dialogue and collaboration while respecting a diversity of values.
- November 24 (Friday), 2017 (13:30〜18:00)
- November 25 (Saturday) - November 26 (Sunday) (10:00〜16:00)
Telecom Center Building, Odaiba Tokyo
5th floor Area D (innovating new knowledge by linking different fields), Booth No.65
(The website linked from the title is displayed only in Japanese)
The aim of our exhibition is providing chances for various people to realize the diversity and importance of the "Shape" of proteins though experiences such as watching, feeling and constructing.
We hope it helps them to deepen their understanding for biomolecules.
The details of exhibition are as following:
- "Watching" by accessing PDBj database and browsing protein molecules with CG in sterically.
- "Feeling" by touching the molecule models made with a 3D printer
- "Constructing" by making molecules with paper crafts
We also introduce the methods and facilities such as synchrotrons and high resolution electron microscopes (Nobel Prize of this year was awarded for it!) to solve molecule shapes.