|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 7fid|
|Title||Processive cleavage of substrate at individual proteolytic active sites of the Lon proteasecomplex (conformation 1)|
|Keywords||HYDROLASE / AAA / protease / complex / proteolysis|
|Function / homology|
Function and homology information
endopeptidase La / protein quality control for misfolded or incompletely synthesized proteins / ATP-dependent peptidase activity / cellular response to heat / sequence-specific DNA binding / serine-type endopeptidase activity / ATP binding / identical protein binding / cytoplasm
Similarity search - Function
Lon protease, bacterial / Lon protease, bacterial/eukaryotic-type / Peptidase S16, active site / ATP-dependent serine proteases, lon family, serine active site. / Lon proteolytic domain profile. / Lon protease (S16) C-terminal proteolytic domain / Lon protease / Peptidase S16, Lon proteolytic domain / Lon N-terminal domain profile. / Lon, substrate-binding domain ...Lon protease, bacterial / Lon protease, bacterial/eukaryotic-type / Peptidase S16, active site / ATP-dependent serine proteases, lon family, serine active site. / Lon proteolytic domain profile. / Lon protease (S16) C-terminal proteolytic domain / Lon protease / Peptidase S16, Lon proteolytic domain / Lon N-terminal domain profile. / Lon, substrate-binding domain / ATP-dependent protease La (LON) substrate-binding domain / Found in ATP-dependent protease La (LON) / PUA-like superfamily / ATPase family associated with various cellular activities (AAA) / ATPase, AAA-type, core / Ribosomal protein S5 domain 2-type fold, subgroup / Ribosomal protein S5 domain 2-type fold / ATPases associated with a variety of cellular activities / AAA+ ATPase domain / P-loop containing nucleoside triphosphate hydrolase
Similarity search - Domain/homology
ADENOSINE-5'-DIPHOSPHATE / PHOSPHOTHIOPHOSPHORIC ACID-ADENYLATE ESTER / Lon protease
Similarity search - Component
|Biological species||Meiothermus taiwanensis (bacteria)|
|Method||ELECTRON MICROSCOPY / single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 2.44 Å|
|Authors||Li, S. / Hsieh, K. / Kuo, C. / Su, S. / Huang, K. / Zhang, K. / Chang, C.I.|
|Funding support|| Taiwan, 1items |
|Citation||Journal: Sci Adv / Year: 2021|
Title: Processive cleavage of substrate at individual proteolytic active sites of the Lon protease complex.
Authors: Shanshan Li / Kan-Yen Hsieh / Chiao-I Kuo / Shih-Chieh Su / Kai-Fa Huang / Kaiming Zhang / Chung-I Chang /
Abstract: [Figure: see text].
|Structure viewer||Molecule: |
Downloads & links
B: Lon protease
C: Lon protease
D: Lon protease
E: Lon protease
F: Lon protease
A: Lon protease
S: unknown endogenous substrate
Mass: 90081.336 Da / Num. of mol.: 6
Source method: isolated from a genetically manipulated source
Source: (gene. exp.) Meiothermus taiwanensis (bacteria) / Gene: lonA1, lon / Production host: Escherichia coli (E. coli) / References: UniProt: A0A059VAZ3, endopeptidase La
Mass: 1890.321 Da / Num. of mol.: 1
Source method: isolated from a genetically manipulated source
Source: (gene. exp.) Meiothermus taiwanensis (bacteria) / Production host: Escherichia coli (E. coli)
Mass: 523.247 Da / Num. of mol.: 3 / Source method: obtained synthetically / Formula: C10H16N5O12P3S / Feature type: SUBJECT OF INVESTIGATION / Comment: ATP-gamma-S, energy-carrying molecule analogue*YM
Mass: 427.201 Da / Num. of mol.: 3 / Source method: obtained synthetically / Formula: C10H15N5O10P2 / Feature type: SUBJECT OF INVESTIGATION / Comment: ADP, energy-carrying molecule*YM
|Has ligand of interest||Y|
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / 3D reconstruction method: single particle reconstruction|
|Component||Name: Lon bound to endogenous substrate / Type: COMPLEX / Entity ID: #1-#2 / Source: RECOMBINANT|
|Molecular weight||Value: 0.6 MDa / Experimental value: YES|
|Source (natural)||Organism: Meiothermus taiwanensis WR-220 (bacteria)|
|Source (recombinant)||Organism: Escherichia coli (E. coli)|
|Buffer solution||pH: 7.5|
|Specimen||Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Specimen support||Grid material: COPPER / Grid mesh size: 200 divisions/in. / Grid type: Quantifoil R2/1|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELDBright-field microscopy|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 48 e/Å2 / Film or detector model: FEI FALCON IV (4k x 4k)|
|Software||Name: PHENIX / Version: 1.13_2998: / Classification: refinement|
|CTF correction||Type: NONE|
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: C1 (asymmetric)|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 2.44 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Num. of particles: 324693 / Symmetry type: POINT|
|Refine LS restraints|
-Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
New page: Covid-19 featured information page in EM Navigator.
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
- The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force.
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is EMD? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary.
- This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software).
- Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
- The word "yorodu" (or yorozu) is an old Japanese word meaning "ten thousand". "mi" (miru) is to see.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi