|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 6eit|
|Title||Coxsackievirus A24v in complex with the D1-D2 fragment of ICAM-1|
|Descriptor||VP1, Genome polyprotein, Intercellular adhesion molecule 1|
|Keywords||VIRUS / Enterovirus / Receptor / Complex / picornavirus|
|Specimen source||Homo sapiens / human|
Coxsackievirus A24 / virus
|Method||Electron microscopy (3.9 Å resolution / Particle / Single particle)|
|Authors||Hurdiss, D.L. / Ranson, N.A.|
|Citation||Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2018, 115, 397-402|
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2018, 115, 397-402 Yorodumi Papers
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Sep 19, 2017 / Release: Jan 10, 2018|
Downloads & links
4: Intercellular adhesion molecule 1
1: VP1x 60
4: Intercellular adhesion molecule 1
Mass: 34378.371 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Source: (natural) Coxsackievirus A24 / virus / References: UniProt: G3C8J7
Mass: 29817.412 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Source: (natural) Coxsackievirus A24 / virus / References: UniProt: A0A088F913
Mass: 26637.746 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Source: (natural) Coxsackievirus A24 / virus / References: UniProt: Q0GYP7
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / Reconstruction method: SINGLE PARTICLE|
|Molecular weight||Value: 8 deg. / Units: MEGADALTONS / Experimental value: NO|
|Source (recombinant)||Organism: Cricetulus griseus|
|Details of virus||Empty: NO / Enveloped: NO / Virus isolate: STRAIN / Virus type: VIRION|
|Natural host||Organism: Homo sapiens|
|Virus shell||Diameter: 300 Å / Triangulation number (T number): 3|
|Buffer solution||Details: TBS buffer (Coxsackievirus A24v) Phosphate buffer (ICAM-1 D1-D2)|
|Specimen||Conc.: 10 mg/ml / Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Specimen support||Grid material: COPPER / Grid mesh size: 400|
Grid type: Lacey grids coated in a 3 nm carbon film (Agar Scientific, UK)
|Vitrification||Instrument: LEICA EM GP / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Humidity: 80 % / Chamber temperature: 8 kelvins|
Details: On-grid binding of the receptor was performed by applying 3 microliters of ICAM-1 (9.85 mg/ml) to the pre-blotted, virus-containing grid, and leaving for 30 seconds before blotting and freezing
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen holder||Cryogen: NITROGEN / Specimen holder model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Image recording||Average exposure time: 1.5 sec. / Electron dose: 60 e/Å2 / Detector mode: INTEGRATING / Film or detector model: FEI FALCON III (4k x 4k) / Number of grids imaged: 1 / Number of real images: 2652|
|EM software||Name: RELION / Version: 2 / Category: RECONSTRUCTION|
|CTF correction||Details: gCTF / Type: PHASE FLIPPING AND AMPLITUDE CORRECTION|
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: I|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 3.9 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Number of particles: 26311 / Symmetry type: POINT|
|Atomic model building||Ref protocol: OTHER / Ref space: REAL|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi