|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 3ktt|
|Title||Atomic model of bovine TRiC CCT2(beta) subunit derived from a 4.0 Angstrom cryo-EM map|
|Descriptor||T-complex protein 1 subunit beta|
|Keywords||CHAPERONE / TRiC/CCT / CCT2(beta) / cryo-EM / Acetylation / ATP-binding / Chaperone / Cytoplasm / Nucleotide-binding|
|Specimen source||Bos taurus / mammal / bovine / ウシ /|
|Method||Electron microscopy (4 Å resolution / Particle / Single particle)|
|Authors||Cong, Y. / Baker, M.L. / Ludtke, S.J. / Frydman, J. / Chiu, W.|
|Citation||Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2010, 107, 4967-4972|
primary. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2010, 107, 4967-4972 Yorodumi Papers
#1. To be Published Search PubMed
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Nov 25, 2009 / Release: Mar 16, 2010|
Downloads & links
B: T-complex protein 1 subunit beta
Mass: 55107.234 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Source: (natural) Bos taurus / mammal / ウシ / / References: UniProt: Q3ZBH0
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / Reconstruction method: SINGLE PARTICLE|
|Component||Name: CCT2(beta) subunit in the both-ring closed bovine TRiC complex|
|Specimen||Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE / Details: vitrification using ethane as cryogen|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Microscopy||Microscope model: JEOL 3200FSC / Date: Aug 1, 2007|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Nominal magnification: 50000 / Nominal defocus max: 3000 nm / Nominal defocus min: 1000 nm / Cs: 4.1 mm|
|Specimen holder||Temperature: 101 kelvins / Tilt angle max: 0 deg. / Tilt angle min: 0 deg.|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 18 e/Å2 / Film or detector model: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|CTF correction||Details: FSC at 0.5 cut-off|
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: C2|
|3D reconstruction||Method: Projection matching / Resolution: 4 Å / Number of particles: 101000 / Actual pixel size: 1.2|
Details: Single particle 3D reconstruction using EMAN1.8+ with our recently developed 2-D fast rotation matching method (FRM2D) for the image alignment.
Symmetry type: POINT
|Atomic model building||Details: METHOD--Local refinement, Flexible fitting REFINEMENT PROTOCOL--Local refinement, Flexible fitting|
Ref protocol: FLEXIBLE FIT / Ref space: REAL
|Atomic model building||Details: Homology model|
|Number of atoms included #LAST||Protein: 3855 / Nucleic acid: 0 / Ligand: 0 / Solvent: 0 / Total: 3855|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi