|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 3jcc|
|Title||Structure of Simian Immunodeficiency Virus Envelope Spikes bound with CD4 and Monoclonal Antibody 36D5|
|Descriptor||Envelope glycoprotein gp120|
T-cell surface glycoprotein CD4
(Antibody 36D5 ...) x 2
|Keywords||VIRAL PROTEIN/IMMUNE SYSTEM / Cryoelectron tomography / immunology / AIDS / HIV / VIRAL PROTEIN-IMMUNE SYSTEM complex|
|Specimen source||Simian immunodeficiency virus / virus / SIV / サル免疫不全ウイルス|
Homo sapiens / human / human / Human
|Method||Electron microscopy (Cell / Tomography)|
|Authors||Hu, G. / Liu, J. / Roux, K. / Taylor, K.A.|
|Citation||J. Virol., 2017, 91|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Nov 25, 2015 / Release: May 10, 2017|
Downloads & links
A: Envelope glycoprotein gp120
B: Antibody 36D5 light chain
C: Antibody 36D5 heavy chain
D: T-cell surface glycoprotein CD4
E: Envelope glycoprotein gp120
I: Envelope glycoprotein gp120
Mass: 50130.594 Da / Num. of mol.: 3 / Fragment: SEE REMARK 999
Source: (natural) Simian immunodeficiency virus / virus / サル免疫不全ウイルス
Mass: 22291.643 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Fragment: Fab / Source: (natural) Homo sapiens / human
Mass: 25115.289 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Fragment: Fab / Source: (natural) Homo sapiens / human
Mass: 19442.045 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Fragment: UNP residues 26-200 / Source: (natural) Homo sapiens / human / References: UniProt: P01730
|Sequence details||ENVELOPE GLYCOPROTEIN WAS FROM SIMIAN IMMUNODEFICIENCY VIRUS, BUT THE MODELED SEQUENCE IS FROM HIV-1.|
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: CELL / Reconstruction method: TOMOGRAPHY|
|Details of virus||Empty: NO / Enveloped: YES / Virus host category: VERTEBRATES / Virus isolate: STRAIN / Virus type: VIRION|
|Specimen||Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Vitrification||Instrument: HOMEMADE PLUNGER / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Details: Plunged into liquid ethane.|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai Polara / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI POLARA 300 / Date: Aug 16, 2008|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Nominal magnification: 31000 / Nominal defocus max: 5000 nm / Nominal defocus min: 4000 nm|
|Specimen holder||Specimen holder model: OTHER / Specimen holder type: unidentified / Tilt angle max: 65 deg. / Tilt angle min: -65 deg.|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 100 e/Å2 / Film or detector model: TVIPS TEMCAM-F415 (4k x 4k)|
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: C1|
|3D reconstruction||Number of particles: 1796 / Nominal pixel size: 5.7 / Actual pixel size: 5.7 / Details: (Subtomogram Averaging--Applied Symmetry: C1) / Symmetry type: POINT|
|Atomic model building||Ref protocol: RIGID BODY FIT / Ref space: REAL|
|Atomic model building||PDB-ID: 4NCO|
|Number of atoms included #LAST||Protein: 13909 / Nucleic acid: 0 / Ligand: 0 / Solvent: 0 / Total: 13909|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi