|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 1b22|
|Title||RAD51 (N-TERMINAL DOMAIN)|
|Components||DNA REPAIR PROTEIN RAD51|
|Keywords||DNA BINDING PROTEIN / DNA BINDING / RIKEN Structural Genomics/Proteomics Initiative / RSGI / Structural Genomics|
|Function / homology|
Function and homology information
response to glucoside / mitotic recombination-dependent replication fork processing / cellular response to camptothecin / DNA recombinase assembly / chromosome organization involved in meiotic cell cycle / telomere maintenance via telomere lengthening / mitotic recombination / telomere maintenance via recombination / positive regulation of DNA ligation / strand invasion ...response to glucoside / mitotic recombination-dependent replication fork processing / cellular response to camptothecin / DNA recombinase assembly / chromosome organization involved in meiotic cell cycle / telomere maintenance via telomere lengthening / mitotic recombination / telomere maintenance via recombination / positive regulation of DNA ligation / strand invasion / replication-born double-strand break repair via sister chromatid exchange / cellular response to cisplatin / lateral element / cellular response to hydroxyurea / DNA strand exchange activity / single-stranded DNA helicase activity / Homologous DNA Pairing and Strand Exchange / Resolution of D-loop Structures through Synthesis-Dependent Strand Annealing (SDSA) / reciprocal meiotic recombination / Resolution of D-loop Structures through Holliday Junction Intermediates / replication fork processing / condensed chromosome / HDR through Single Strand Annealing (SSA) / DNA unwinding involved in DNA replication / regulation of double-strand break repair via homologous recombination / Presynaptic phase of homologous DNA pairing and strand exchange / Transcriptional Regulation by E2F6 / response to X-ray / interstrand cross-link repair / DNA polymerase binding / ATP-dependent activity, acting on DNA / nuclear chromosome / condensed nuclear chromosome / meiotic cell cycle / regulation of protein phosphorylation / double-strand break repair via homologous recombination / microtubule organizing center / HDR through Homologous Recombination (HRR) / cellular response to ionizing radiation / PML body / Meiotic recombination / cellular response to gamma radiation / response to toxic substance / single-stranded DNA binding / site of double-strand break / double-stranded DNA binding / chromosome, telomeric region / DNA recombination / protein C-terminus binding / mitochondrial matrix / DNA repair / chromatin / cellular response to DNA damage stimulus / response to xenobiotic stimulus => GO:0009410 / chromatin binding / perinuclear region of cytoplasm / enzyme binding / protein-containing complex / mitochondrion / nucleoplasm / ATP binding / identical protein binding / nucleus / cytoplasm
Similarity search - Function
DNA recombination/repair protein Rad51 / DNA recombination and repair protein, RecA-like / Rad51/DMC1/RadA / Rad51 / DNA recombination and repair protein Rad51-like, C-terminal / Helix-hairpin-helix domain / DNA recombination and repair protein RecA, monomer-monomer interface / RecA family profile 2. / DNA recombination and repair protein RecA-like, ATP-binding domain / RecA family profile 1. ...DNA recombination/repair protein Rad51 / DNA recombination and repair protein, RecA-like / Rad51/DMC1/RadA / Rad51 / DNA recombination and repair protein Rad51-like, C-terminal / Helix-hairpin-helix domain / DNA recombination and repair protein RecA, monomer-monomer interface / RecA family profile 2. / DNA recombination and repair protein RecA-like, ATP-binding domain / RecA family profile 1. / DNA repair Rad51/transcription factor NusA, alpha-helical / 5' to 3' exonuclease, C-terminal subdomain / DNA polymerase; domain 1 / ATPases associated with a variety of cellular activities / AAA+ ATPase domain / P-loop containing nucleoside triphosphate hydrolase / Orthogonal Bundle / Mainly Alpha
Similarity search - Domain/homology
DNA repair protein RAD51 homolog 1
Similarity search - Component
|Biological species||Homo sapiens (human)|
|Method||SOLUTION NMR / RANDOM SIMULATED ANNEALING|
|Authors||Aihara, H. / Ito, Y. / Kurumizaka, H. / Yokoyama, S. / Shibata, T. / RIKEN Structural Genomics/Proteomics Initiative (RSGI)|
|Citation||Journal: J.Mol.Biol. / Year: 1999|
Title: The N-terminal domain of the human Rad51 protein binds DNA: structure and a DNA binding surface as revealed by NMR.
Authors: Aihara, H. / Ito, Y. / Kurumizaka, H. / Yokoyama, S. / Shibata, T.
|Structure viewer||Molecule: |
Downloads & links
A: DNA REPAIR PROTEIN RAD51
|#1: Protein|| |
Mass: 12547.283 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Fragment: N-TERMINAL DOMAIN
Source method: isolated from a genetically manipulated source
Source: (gene. exp.) Homo sapiens (human) / Plasmid: PET3A / Gene (production host): RAD51(1-114) / Production host: Escherichia coli (E. coli) / Strain (production host): JM109(DE3) / References: UniProt: Q06609
|Experiment||Method: SOLUTION NMR|
|NMR details||Text: THE STRUCTURE WAS DETERMINED USING TRIPLE-RESONANCE NMR SPECTROSCOPY ON 13C, 15N-LABELED HUMAN RAD51(1-114).|
|Sample conditions||Ionic strength: 100mM NACL / pH: 6.5 / Pressure: 1 atm / Temperature: 303 K|
*PLUSMethod: other / Details: NMR
|NMR spectrometer||Type: Bruker DRX600 / Manufacturer: Bruker / Model: DRX600 / Field strength: 600 MHz|
|Refinement||Method: RANDOM SIMULATED ANNEALING / Software ordinal: 1 / Details: SIMULATED ANNEALING REFINEMENT|
|NMR ensemble||Conformer selection criteria: LEAST TARGET FUNCTION VALUES / Conformers calculated total number: 140 / Conformers submitted total number: 30|
-Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
New page: Covid-19 featured information page in EM Navigator.
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
- The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force.
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is EMD? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary.
- This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software).
- Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
- The word "yorodu" (or yorozu) is an old Japanese word meaning "ten thousand". "mi" (miru) is to see.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi