|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-7481|
|Title||The tether and tether head complex and I1 dynein complex region extracted from the cryo-electron tomography and subtomographic average (3736 axonemal repeats) of isolated Chlamydomonas wild type cilia|
|Sample||The tether and tether head complex and I1 dynein complex extracted from the cryo-electron tomography and subtomographic average (3736 axonemal repeats) of isolated Chlamydomonas wild type cilia|
|Biological species||Chlamydomonas reinhardtii (plant)|
|Method||subtomogram averaging / cryo EM / Resolution: 30 Å|
|Authors||Fu G / Wang Q / Phan N / Urbanska P / Joachimiak E / Lin J / Wloga D / Nicastro D|
|Funding support|| United States, 1 items |
|Citation||Journal: Mol. Biol. Cell / Year: 2018|
Title: The I1 dynein-associated tether and tether head complex is a conserved regulator of ciliary motility.
Authors: Gang Fu / Qian Wang / Nhan Phan / Paulina Urbanska / Ewa Joachimiak / Jianfeng Lin / Dorota Wloga / Daniela Nicastro /
Abstract: Motile cilia are essential for propelling cells and moving fluids across tissues. The activity of axonemal dynein motors must be precisely coordinated to generate ciliary motility, but their ...Motile cilia are essential for propelling cells and moving fluids across tissues. The activity of axonemal dynein motors must be precisely coordinated to generate ciliary motility, but their regulatory mechanisms are not well understood. The tether and tether head (T/TH) complex was hypothesized to provide mechanical feedback during ciliary beating because it links the motor domains of the regulatory I1 dynein to the ciliary doublet microtubule. Combining genetic and biochemical approaches with cryoelectron tomography, we identified FAP44 and FAP43 (plus the algae-specific, FAP43-redundant FAP244) as T/TH components. WT-mutant comparisons revealed that the heterodimeric T/TH complex is required for the positional stability of the I1 dynein motor domains, stable anchoring of CK1 kinase, and proper phosphorylation of the regulatory IC138-subunit. T/TH also interacts with inner dynein arm d and radial spoke 3, another important motility regulator. The T/TH complex is a conserved regulator of I1 dynein and plays an important role in the signaling pathway that is critical for normal ciliary motility.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_7481.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 516.6 KB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
generated in cubic-lattice coordinate
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 9.856 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire The tether and tether head complex and I1 dynein complex extracte...
|Entire||Name: The tether and tether head complex and I1 dynein complex extracted from the cryo-electron tomography and subtomographic average (3736 axonemal repeats) of isolated Chlamydomonas wild type cilia|
Number of components: 1
-Component #1: cellular-component, The tether and tether head complex and I1 dyn...
|Cellular-component||Name: The tether and tether head complex and I1 dynein complex extracted from the cryo-electron tomography and subtomographic average (3736 axonemal repeats) of isolated Chlamydomonas wild type cilia|
Recombinant expression: No
|Source||Species: Chlamydomonas reinhardtii (plant) / Strain: wild type|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Tissue / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: Solutions were freshly made before use. / pH: 7.4|
|Vitrification||Instrument: HOMEMADE PLUNGER / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 100 K|
Details: back-side blotting for 1.5-2.5 seconds before plunging.
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F30 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI F30|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 1.5 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 13500.0 X (nominal) / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 6000.0 - 8000.0 nm / Energy filter: GIF 2000 / Energy window: 0-20 eV|
|Specimen Holder||Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN ULTRASCAN 1000 (2k x 2k)|
|Processing||Method: subtomogram averaging / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric) / Number of subtomograms: 3736|
|3D reconstruction||Software: IMOD / Resolution: 30 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5 CUT-OFF|
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.:Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.:Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi