|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-0602|
|Title||Cryo-EM structure of the human TFIIH core complex: Multibody-refined map, body 1|
|Sample||Transcription factor IIH (TFIIH)|
|Biological species||Homo sapiens (human)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 3.8 Å|
|Authors||Greber BJ / Toso D / Fang J / Nogales E|
|Citation||Journal: Elife / Year: 2019|
Title: The complete structure of the human TFIIH core complex.
Authors: Basil J Greber / Daniel B Toso / Jie Fang / Eva Nogales /
Abstract: Transcription factor IIH (TFIIH) is a heterodecameric protein complex critical for transcription initiation by RNA polymerase II and nucleotide excision DNA repair. The TFIIH core complex is ...Transcription factor IIH (TFIIH) is a heterodecameric protein complex critical for transcription initiation by RNA polymerase II and nucleotide excision DNA repair. The TFIIH core complex is sufficient for its repair functions and harbors the XPB and XPD DNA-dependent ATPase/helicase subunits, which are affected by human disease mutations. Transcription initiation additionally requires the CdK activating kinase subcomplex. Previous structural work has provided only partial insight into the architecture of TFIIH and its interactions within transcription pre-initiation complexes. Here, we present the complete structure of the human TFIIH core complex, determined by phase-plate cryo-electron microscopy at 3.7 Å resolution. The structure uncovers the molecular basis of TFIIH assembly, revealing how the recruitment of XPB by p52 depends on a pseudo-symmetric dimer of homologous domains in these two proteins. The structure also suggests a function for p62 in the regulation of XPD, and allows the mapping of previously unresolved human disease mutations.
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_0602.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 64 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.15 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
|Projections & Slices|
-Half map: Unfiltered half-map.
|Projections & Slices|
-Half map: Unfiltered half-map.
-Entire Transcription factor IIH (TFIIH)
|Entire||Name: Transcription factor IIH (TFIIH) / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, Transcription factor IIH (TFIIH)
|Protein||Name: Transcription factor IIH (TFIIH) / Recombinant expression: No|
|Mass||Theoretical: 500 kDa|
|Source||Species: Homo sapiens (human)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 0.0049 mg/mL / pH: 7.9|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 277 K / Humidity: 100 %|
Details: A thin film of continuous carbon was floated onto Protochips C-flat CF-4/2 holey carbon grids and glow discharged or plasma cleaned before application of 4 uL of sample solution..
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS / Details: Residual beam tilt corrected in RELION 3.|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 50 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 43478.0 X (calibrated) / Cs: 2.7 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 500.0 - 700.0 nm / Energy filter: GIF Quantum LS|
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 21437 |
Details: Images were collected as dose-fractionated movie frames (33 or 50 frames per exposure).
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric) / Number of projections: 138659|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: FOURIER SPACE / Software: RELION|
CTF correction: CTF correction during 3D reconstruction in RELION 3.
Resolution: 3.8 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Details: Multibody-refinement in RELION 3.
-Atomic model buiding
|Modeling #1||Refinement protocol: rigid body / Refinement space: REAL|
Details: This map supported model re-building in O and COOT.
Input PDB model: 6NMI
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.:Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi