|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1246|
|Title||Distribution and three-dimensional structure of AIDS virus envelope spikes.|
|Sample||Envelope Spike on the surface of SIVmac239 virus with truncated cytoplasmic tail|
|Source||Simian immunodeficiency virus / virus / サル免疫不全ウイルス|
|Map data||3D map of SIVmac239 envelope spike. It is the 3D averaged volume of all spikes including both "top/bottom view" and "side view" subsets (supplementary method of the reference). Author's threshold 2.65. It should be loaded together with the associated viral membrane map (SIVmac239_Vir_memb.map, EMD-1247, author's threshold 2.25 ).|
|Method||subtomogram averaging, at 32 Å resolution|
|Authors||Zhu P / Liu J / Bess J / Chertova E / Lifson JD / Grise H / Ofek GA / Taylor KA / Roux KH|
|Citation||Nature, 2006, 441, 847-852|
|Date||Deposition: Jul 21, 2006 / Header (metadata) release: Jul 25, 2006 / Map release: Jul 25, 2006 / Last update: Oct 31, 2012|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1246.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 1459 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 5.56 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Envelope Spike on the surface of SIVmac239 virus with truncated c...
|Entire||Name: Envelope Spike on the surface of SIVmac239 virus with truncated cytoplasmic tail|
Details: The virus was AT-2 treated to eliminate the infectivity.
Number of components: 1 / Oligomeric State: Trimer
|Mass||Theoretical: 450 kDa|
-Component #1: protein, Envelope glycoprotein
|Protein||Name: Envelope glycoprotein / a.k.a: gp120, gp41 / Oligomeric Details: trimer|
Details: The spike consists of 3 copies of gp120 and gp41 ecto domain to form a trimer
Recombinant expression: No
|Mass||Experimental: 450 kDa|
|Source||Species: Simian immunodeficiency virus / virus / サル免疫不全ウイルス|
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: PBS|
|Support film||200 mesh Quantifoil R2/1 copper grid|
|Vitrification||Instrument: HOMEMADE PLUNGER / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Details: Vitrification instrument: Home made plunger|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI/PHILIPS CM300FEG/ST / Date: Aug 30, 2004 / Details: Minimum tilt angle was -70|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 60 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 43200 X (calibrated) / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 4000 - 6000 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Gatan 626 cryoholder / Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN / Tilt Angle: 70 - 70 deg.|
|Camera||Detector: TVIPS TEMCAM-F224 (2k x 2k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 80|
|Processing||Method: subtomogram averaging|
Details: The tomographic tilt angle increment was determined by cosine rule, i.e., ~2-3 degrees increment around low tilt angles and <1 degree increment in the high tilt angles. Average number of tilts used in the 3D reconstructions: 80. Average tomographic tilt angle increment: 2.
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: Weighted backprojection and 3d alignment and averaging|
Software: Protomo / Resolution: 32 Å / Resolution method: Estimated first node in the CTF
Details: The resolution of the final averaged map, determined by Fourier shell correlation (based on a cutoff value of 0.5) is 2.5 nm and, after low pass filtering to the estimated first node in the contrast transfer function, 3.2 nm.
-Atomic model buiding
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
-Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Apr 13, 2016. Omokage search got faster
Omokage search got faster
- The computation time became ~1/2 compared to the previous version by re-optimization of data accession
- Enjoy "shape similarity" of biomolecules, more!
Related info.: Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi