|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 6udp|
|Title||Human IMPDH2 treated with ATP, IMP, and 20 mM GTP. Filament assembly interface reconstruction.|
|Components||Inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase 2|
|Keywords||BIOSYNTHETIC PROTEIN / metabolism / filament / allostery / adenine / guanine|
|Function / homology|
Function and homology information
lymphocyte proliferation / 'de novo' XMP biosynthetic process / Purine ribonucleoside monophosphate biosynthesis / IMP dehydrogenase activity / IMP dehydrogenase / GMP biosynthetic process / Azathioprine ADME / peroxisomal membrane / GTP biosynthetic process / cellular response to interleukin-4 ...lymphocyte proliferation / 'de novo' XMP biosynthetic process / Purine ribonucleoside monophosphate biosynthesis / IMP dehydrogenase activity / IMP dehydrogenase / GMP biosynthetic process / Azathioprine ADME / peroxisomal membrane / GTP biosynthetic process / cellular response to interleukin-4 / circadian rhythm / retina development in camera-type eye / Potential therapeutics for SARS / secretory granule lumen / ficolin-1-rich granule lumen / nucleotide binding / Neutrophil degranulation / RNA binding / DNA binding / extracellular exosome / extracellular region / membrane / metal ion binding / identical protein binding / nucleus / cytosol / cytoplasm
Similarity search - Function
Inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase / IMP dehydrogenase / GMP reductase, conserved site / IMP dehydrogenase / GMP reductase signature. / IMP dehydrogenase/GMP reductase / IMP dehydrogenase / GMP reductase domain / Domain in cystathionine beta-synthase and other proteins. / CBS domain / CBS domain / CBS domain profile. / Aldolase-type TIM barrel
Similarity search - Domain/homology
INOSINIC ACID / Inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase 2
Similarity search - Component
|Biological species||Homo sapiens (human)|
|Method||ELECTRON MICROSCOPY / single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 2.95 Å|
|Authors||Johnson, M.C. / Kollman, J.M.|
|Funding support|| United States, 1items |
|Citation||Journal: Elife / Year: 2020|
Title: Cryo-EM structures demonstrate human IMPDH2 filament assembly tunes allosteric regulation.
Authors: Matthew C Johnson / Justin M Kollman /
Abstract: Inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH) mediates the first committed step in guanine nucleotide biosynthesis and plays important roles in cellular proliferation and the immune response. IMPDH ...Inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH) mediates the first committed step in guanine nucleotide biosynthesis and plays important roles in cellular proliferation and the immune response. IMPDH reversibly polymerizes in cells and tissues in response to changes in metabolic demand. Self-assembly of metabolic enzymes is increasingly recognized as a general mechanism for regulating activity, typically by stabilizing specific conformations of an enzyme, but the regulatory role of IMPDH filaments has remained unclear. Here, we report a series of human IMPDH2 cryo-EM structures in both active and inactive conformations. The structures define the mechanism of filament assembly, and reveal how filament-dependent allosteric regulation of IMPDH2 makes the enzyme less sensitive to feedback inhibition, explaining why assembly occurs under physiological conditions that require expansion of guanine nucleotide pools. Tuning sensitivity to an allosteric inhibitor distinguishes IMPDH from other metabolic filaments, and highlights the diversity of regulatory outcomes that can emerge from self-assembly.
|Structure viewer||Molecule: |
Downloads & links
A: Inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase 2
B: Inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase 2
C: Inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase 2
D: Inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase 2
E: Inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase 2
F: Inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase 2
G: Inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase 2
H: Inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase 2
Mass: 56480.500 Da / Num. of mol.: 8
Source method: isolated from a genetically manipulated source
Source: (gene. exp.) Homo sapiens (human) / Gene: IMPDH2, IMPD2 / Production host: Escherichia coli (E. coli) / References: UniProt: P12268, IMP dehydrogenase
Mass: 348.206 Da / Num. of mol.: 8 / Source method: obtained synthetically / Formula: C10H13N4O8P / Feature type: SUBJECT OF INVESTIGATION
|Has ligand of interest||Y|
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: FILAMENT / 3D reconstruction method: single particle reconstruction|
|Component||Name: Human IMPDH2 treated with ATP, IMP, and 20 mM GTP. Filament assembly interface reconstruction.|
Type: ORGANELLE OR CELLULAR COMPONENT / Entity ID: #1 / Source: RECOMBINANT
|Source (natural)||Organism: Homo sapiens (human)|
|Source (recombinant)||Organism: Escherichia coli (E. coli)|
|Buffer solution||pH: 7.5|
|Specimen||Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELDBright-field microscopy|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 100 e/Å2 / Film or detector model: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|Software||Name: PHENIX / Version: 1.14rc1_3161: / Classification: refinement|
|CTF correction||Type: PHASE FLIPPING AND AMPLITUDE CORRECTION|
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: D4 (2x4 fold dihedral)|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 2.95 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Num. of particles: 31246 / Symmetry type: POINT|
-Feb 9, 2022. New format data for meta-information of EMDB entries
New format data for meta-information of EMDB entries
- Version 3 of the EMDB header file is now the official format.
- The previous official version 1.9 will be removed from the archive.
Related info.:EMDB header
External links:wwPDB to switch to version 3 of the EMDB data model
-Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
New page: Covid-19 featured information page in EM Navigator.
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
+Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
- The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force.
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is EMD? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary.
- This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software).
- Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
- The word "yorodu" (or yorozu) is an old Japanese word meaning "ten thousand". "mi" (miru) is to see.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi