|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 5yw7|
|Title||Structure of pancreatic ATP-sensitive potassium channel bound with glibenclamide and ATPgammaS (focused refinement on SUR1 ABC transporter module at 4.4A)|
|Components||ATP-binding cassette sub-family C member 8 isoform X2|
|Keywords||MEMBRANE PROTEIN / KATP / channel / glibenclamide / sulfonylurea|
|Function / homology|
Function and homology information
sulfonylurea receptor activity / inorganic cation transmembrane transport / ATPase-coupled cation transmembrane transporter activity / potassium ion transport / ATPase activity / integral component of membrane / ATP binding / plasma membrane
Sulphonylurea receptor / P-loop containing nucleoside triphosphate hydrolase / ABC transporter type 1, transmembrane domain superfamily / ATP-binding cassette subfamily C member 8 / ABC transporter-like / AAA+ ATPase domain / ABC transporter type 1, transmembrane domain / ABC transporter, conserved site
ATP-binding cassette sub-family C member 8 isoform X2
|Biological species||Mesocricetus auratus (golden hamster)|
|Method||ELECTRON MICROSCOPY / single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 4.4 Å|
|Authors||Chen, L. / Wu, J.X.|
|Funding support|| China, 5items |
|Citation||Journal: Protein Cell / Year: 2018|
Title: Ligand binding and conformational changes of SUR1 subunit in pancreatic ATP-sensitive potassium channels.
Authors: Jing-Xiang Wu / Dian Ding / Mengmeng Wang / Yunlu Kang / Xin Zeng / Lei Chen /
Abstract: ATP-sensitive potassium channels (K) are energy sensors on the plasma membrane. By sensing the intracellular ADP/ATP ratio of β-cells, pancreatic K channels control insulin release and regulate ...ATP-sensitive potassium channels (K) are energy sensors on the plasma membrane. By sensing the intracellular ADP/ATP ratio of β-cells, pancreatic K channels control insulin release and regulate metabolism at the whole body level. They are implicated in many metabolic disorders and diseases and are therefore important drug targets. Here, we present three structures of pancreatic K channels solved by cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM), at resolutions ranging from 4.1 to 4.5 Å. These structures depict the binding site of the antidiabetic drug glibenclamide, indicate how Kir6.2 (inward-rectifying potassium channel 6.2) N-terminus participates in the coupling between the peripheral SUR1 (sulfonylurea receptor 1) subunit and the central Kir6.2 channel, reveal the binding mode of activating nucleotides, and suggest the mechanism of how Mg-ADP binding on nucleotide binding domains (NBDs) drives a conformational change of the SUR1 subunit.
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Structure viewer||Molecule: |
Downloads & links
B: ATP-binding cassette sub-family C member 8 isoform X2
|#1: Protein|| |
Mass: 177295.516 Da / Num. of mol.: 1
Source method: isolated from a genetically manipulated source
Source: (gene. exp.) Mesocricetus auratus (golden hamster) / Gene: Abcc8 / Production host: Homo sapiens (human) / References: UniProt: A0A1U7R319
|#2: Chemical|| ChemComp-GBM / |
|#3: Chemical|| ChemComp-AGS / |
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / 3D reconstruction method: single particle reconstruction|
|Component||Name: KATPATP-sensitive potassium channel / Type: COMPLEX / Entity ID: #1 / Source: RECOMBINANT|
|Source (natural)||Organism: Mesocricetus auratus (golden hamster)|
|Source (recombinant)||Organism: Homo sapiens (human)|
|Buffer solution||pH: 7.5|
|Specimen||Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELDBright-field microscopy|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 50 e/Å2 / Film or detector model: GATAN K2 QUANTUM (4k x 4k)|
|Software||Name: PHENIX / Version: (1.12_2829: ???) / Classification: refinement|
|EM software||Name: RELION / Version: 2 / Category: 3D reconstruction|
|CTF correction||Type: NONE|
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: C1 (asymmetric)|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 4.4 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Num. of particles: 348180 / Symmetry type: POINT|
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi