|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 5uak|
|Title||Dephosphorylated, ATP-free human cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR)|
|Descriptor||Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator |
R domain of humanCFTR
|Keywords||MEMBRANE PROTEIN / HYDROLASE / ABC transporter / anion channel / cystic fibrosis / membrane protein / hydrolase|
|Specimen source||Homo sapiens / human|
|Method||Electron microscopy (3.87 Å resolution / Particle / Single particle)|
|Authors||Liu, F. / Zhang, Z. / Chen, J.|
|Citation||Cell, 2017, 169, 85-95.e8|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Dec 19, 2016 / Release: Jan 18, 2017|
Downloads & links
A: Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator
R: Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator
Mass: 169353.578 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Source: (gene. exp.) Homo sapiens / human / References: UniProt: P13569, EC: 22.214.171.124
Mass: 1635.006 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Fragment: R domain / Source: (gene. exp.) Homo sapiens / human
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / Reconstruction method: SINGLE PARTICLE|
|Component||Name: human cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR)|
Type: COMPLEX / Entity ID: 1, 2 / Source: RECOMBINANT
|Molecular weight||Value: 168 deg. / Units: KILODALTONS/NANOMETER / Experimental value: NO|
|Source (natural)||Organism: Homo sapiens|
|Source (recombinant)||Cell: HEK293S GnTI- / Organism: Homo sapiens / Plasmid: BacMam|
|Buffer solution||pH: 7.5|
|Specimen||Conc.: 5 mg/ml / Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK I / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Humidity: 100 % / Chamber temperature: 298 kelvins|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 1.68 e/Å2 / Film or detector model: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|CTF correction||Type: NONE|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 3.87 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Number of particles: 415915 / Symmetry type: POINT|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi