|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 5u6r|
|Title||E. coli CTP synthase CC mutant filament (product-bound)|
|Descriptor||CTP synthase (E.C.184.108.40.206)|
|Keywords||PROTEIN FIBRIL / LIGASE / nucleotide metabolism / metabolic filament|
|Specimen source||Escherichia coli / bacteria / エシェリキア・コリ, 大腸菌 /|
|Method||Electron microscopy (5.7 Å resolution / Filament / Helical)|
|Authors||Kollman, J.M. / Lynch, E.M.|
|Citation||Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol., 2017, 24, 507-514|
Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol., 2017, 24, 507-514 Yorodumi Papers
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Dec 8, 2016 / Release: Apr 26, 2017|
Downloads & links
A: CTP synthase
B: CTP synthase
C: CTP synthase
D: CTP synthase
A: CTP synthasex 7
B: CTP synthase
C: CTP synthase
D: CTP synthase
Mass: 60446.980 Da / Num. of mol.: 4
Source: (gene. exp.) Escherichia coli / bacteria / エシェリキア・コリ, 大腸菌 /
References: UniProt: B7MLA1, EC: 220.127.116.11
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: FILAMENT / Reconstruction method: HELICAL|
|Component||Name: E. coli CTP synthase CC mutant filament / Type: COMPLEX|
Details: Disulfide-crosslinked E. coli CTP synthase filaments assembled in non-reducing buffer, bound to CTP and ADP
Entity ID: 1 / Source: RECOMBINANT
|Source (natural)||Organism: Escherichia coli|
|Source (recombinant)||Organism: Escherichia coli / Plasmid: pET22b|
|Buffer solution||pH: 8|
|Specimen||Conc.: 0.15 mg/ml|
Details: Filaments were assembled by dialysis in non-reducing buffer (50 mM Na-HEPES, pH 8.0). Products CTP (0.6 mM) and ADP (1.5 mM) were added to filaments.
Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F20 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI TECNAI F20|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Illumination mode: OTHER|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 45 e/Å2 / Detector mode: COUNTING / Film or detector model: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|CTF correction||Type: PHASE FLIPPING ONLY|
|Helical symmerty||Angular rotation/subunit: 48.2 deg. / Axial rise/subunit: 82.1 Å / Axial symmetry: C1|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 5.7 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Number of particles: 31170 / Symmetry type: HELICAL|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi