|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 5tv4|
|Title||3D cryo-EM reconstruction of nucleotide-free MsbA in lipid nanodisc|
|Descriptor||Lipid A export ATP-binding/permease protein MsbA|
|Keywords||HYDROLASE / ABC transporter / LPS / flippase / nanodisc|
|Specimen source||Escherichia coli o157:h7 / bacteria / image: Escherichia coli|
|Method||Electron microscopy (4.2 Å resolution / Particle / Single particle)|
|Authors||Mi, W. / Walz, T. / Liao, M.|
|Citation||Nature, 2017, 549, 233-237|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Nov 8, 2016 / Release: Sep 20, 2017|
Downloads & links
A: Lipid A export ATP-binding/permease protein MsbA
B: Lipid A export ATP-binding/permease protein MsbA
-Polypeptide(L) , 1 types, 2 molecules A
-Non-polymers , 7 types, 17 molecules
|#2: Chemical||#3: Chemical||#4: Chemical||#5: Chemical|
|#7: Chemical||ChemComp-MYR / ||#8: Chemical||ChemComp-DAO / |
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / Reconstruction method: SINGLE PARTICLE|
|Component||Name: MsbA reconstituted in lipid nanodisc / Type: COMPLEX / Entity ID: 1 / Source: RECOMBINANT|
|Source (natural)||Organism: Escherichia coli|
|Source (recombinant)||Organism: Escherichia coli 'BL21-Gold(DE3)pLysS AG' / Plasmid: pET-19a|
|Buffer solution||pH: 7.4|
|Specimen||Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai Polara / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI POLARA 300|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 47 e/Å2 / Film or detector model: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|Software||Name: PHENIX / Version: 1.10.1_2155: / Classification: refinement|
|CTF correction||Type: PHASE FLIPPING AND AMPLITUDE CORRECTION|
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: C1|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 4.2 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Number of particles: 67220 / Symmetry type: POINT|
|Least-squares process||Highest resolution: 4.2 Å|
|Refine LS restraints|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi