|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 5n6w|
|Title||Retinoschisin R141H Mutant|
|Keywords||STRUCTURAL PROTEIN / Retinoschisin Discoidin Domain Retinal Structure / structural protein|
|Specimen source||Homo sapiens / human|
|Method||Electron microscopy (4.2 Å resolution / Particle / Single particle)|
|Authors||Ramsay, E.P. / Collins, R.F. / Owens, T.W. / Siebert, C.A. / Jones, R.P.O. / Roseman, A. / Wang, T. / Baldock, C.|
|Citation||Hum. Mol. Genet., 2016, 25, 5311-5320|
Hum. Mol. Genet., 2016, 25, 5311-5320 Yorodumi Papers
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Feb 16, 2017 / Release: Apr 12, 2017|
Downloads & links
Mass: 23041.902 Da / Num. of mol.: 16 / Mutation: R141H Pathogenic Mutation / Source: (gene. exp.) Homo sapiens / human / References: UniProt: O15537
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / Reconstruction method: SINGLE PARTICLE|
|Component||Name: Retinoschisin / Type: COMPLEX|
Details: Hexadecameric complex of sixteen retinoschisin molecules
Entity ID: 1 / Source: RECOMBINANT
|Molecular weight||Experimental value: NO|
|Source (natural)||Organism: Homo sapiens|
|Source (recombinant)||Cell: HEK293-EBNA / Organism: Homo sapiens / Plasmid: pCEP-Pu/Ac7|
|Buffer solution||pH: 7.4|
|Specimen||Conc.: 0.1 mg/ml / Details: The sample was monodisperse and visible / Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Specimen support||Grid material: COPPER / Grid mesh size: 400 / Grid type: C-flat-2/2|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK I / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Humidity: 100 % / Chamber temperature: 277 kelvins|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: SPOT SCAN|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Nominal magnification: 105000 / Nominal defocus max: 4500 nm / Nominal defocus min: 1000 nm / Cs: 2.7 mm / Alignment procedure: COMA FREE|
|Specimen holder||Cryogen: NITROGEN / Specimen holder model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Image recording||Average exposure time: 0.5 sec. / Electron dose: 2.8 e/Å2 / Detector mode: COUNTING / Film or detector model: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k) / Number of grids imaged: 1 / Number of real images: 1200|
|Image scans||Movie frames/image: 14 / Used frames/image: 2-8|
|CTF correction||Type: PHASE FLIPPING AND AMPLITUDE CORRECTION|
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: D8|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 4.2 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Number of particles: 7056 / Symmetry type: POINT|
|Atomic model building||Ref protocol: FLEXIBLE FIT / Target criteria: Cross-correlation coefficient|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi