|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 5mup|
|Title||Structure of deformed wing virus, a honeybee pathogen|
|Keywords||VIRAL PROTEIN / Deformed wing virus / Picornavirales / Iflaviridae / Iflavirus / viral protein / bee pathogen|
|Specimen source||Deformed wing virus / virus / Wikipedia|
|Method||Electron microscopy (3.8 Å resolution / Particle / Single particle)|
|Authors||Skubnik, K. / Novacek, J. / Fuzik, T. / Pridal, A. / Paxton, R. / Plevka, P.|
|Citation||Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2017, 114, 3210-3215|
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2017, 114, 3210-3215 Yorodumi Papers
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Jan 13, 2017 / Release: Apr 5, 2017|
Downloads & links
A: VP1x 60
A: VP1x 5
A: VP1x 6
|#1: Protein/peptide|| |
Mass: 28679.273 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Source: (natural) Deformed wing virus / virus / Wikipedia / References: UniProt: L0CTV4
Mass: 28360.900 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Source: (natural) Deformed wing virus / virus / Wikipedia / References: UniProt: E0YTW0
Mass: 46697.582 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Source: (natural) Deformed wing virus / virus / Wikipedia / References: UniProt: Q7TG18
|#4: Chemical|| ChemComp-U5P / |
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / Reconstruction method: SINGLE PARTICLE|
|Component||Name: Deformed wing virus / Type: VIRUS / Details: Virus was purified from honeybee pupae / Entity ID: 1,||Molecular weight||Experimental value: NO||Source (natural)||Organism: Deformed wing virus||Details of virus||Empty: NO / Enveloped: NO / Virus isolate: OTHER / Virus type: VIRION||Natural host||Organism: Apis mellifera||Virus shell||Diameter: 390 Å / Triangulation number (T number): 3||Buffer solution||Details: Dulbeccos Phosphate Buffered Saline D8537 sigma aldrich|
|Specimen||Conc.: 2.5 mg/ml|
Details: Virus was incubated in high salt solution containing 0.8 M potassium dihydrogen phosphate, 0.8 M sodium dihydrogen phosphate, 0.1 M sodium HEPES, pH 7.5. After 12 hours incubation was virus dialysed into PBS buffer.
Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES
|Specimen support||Grid material: COPPER / Grid mesh size: 300 / Grid type: Quantifoil R2/1||Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Humidity: 100 % / Chamber temperature: 298 kelvins|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Nominal magnification: 75000 / Calibrated magnification: 74235 / Nominal defocus max: 4000 nm / Nominal defocus min: 1000 nm / Cs: 2.7 mm / C2 aperture diameter: 100 mm / Alignment procedure: COMA FREE|
|Specimen holder||Cryogen: NITROGEN / Specimen holder model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Image recording||Average exposure time: 1 sec. / Electron dose: 21 e/Å2 / Detector mode: COUNTING / Film or detector model: FEI FALCON II (4k x 4k) / Number of grids imaged: 1|
|Image scans||Dimension width: 4096 / Dimension height: 4096 / Movie frames/image: 16 / Used frames/image: 2-16|
|CTF correction||Type: PHASE FLIPPING AND AMPLITUDE CORRECTION|
|Particle selection||Number of particles selected: 3918|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 3.8 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Number of particles: 879 / Algorithm: FOURIER SPACE / Number of class averages: 1 / Symmetry type: POINT|
|Atomic model building||Ref protocol: OTHER / Ref space: REAL / Target criteria: R-factor|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi