|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 5lp3|
|Title||Three tetrameric rings of Isoaspartyl Dipeptidase fitted in an EM volume.|
|Descriptor||Isoaspartyl dipeptidase (E.C.3.4.19.-)|
|Keywords||HYDROLASE / Designed protein filament / Hydrolase / Isoaspartyl Dipeptidase|
|Specimen source||Escherichia coli / bacteria / エシェリキア・コリ, 大腸菌 /|
|Method||Electron microscopy (10.5 Å resolution / Filament / Single particle)|
|Authors||Garcia-Seisdedos, H. / Empereur-Mot, C. / Elad, N. / Levy, E.D.|
|Citation||Nature, 2017, 548, 244-247|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Aug 11, 2016 / Release: Jul 26, 2017|
Downloads & links
B: Isoaspartyl dipeptidase
C: Isoaspartyl dipeptidase
D: Isoaspartyl dipeptidase
E: Isoaspartyl dipeptidase
A: Isoaspartyl dipeptidase
F: Isoaspartyl dipeptidase
G: Isoaspartyl dipeptidase
H: Isoaspartyl dipeptidase
I: Isoaspartyl dipeptidase
J: Isoaspartyl dipeptidase
K: Isoaspartyl dipeptidase
L: Isoaspartyl dipeptidase
Mass: 41167.758 Da / Num. of mol.: 12
Source: (gene. exp.) Escherichia coli / bacteria / エシェリキア・コリ, 大腸菌 /
References: UniProt: P39377, EC: 3.4.19.-
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: FILAMENT / Reconstruction method: SINGLE PARTICLE|
|Component||Name: Isoaspartyl Dipeptidase / Type: ORGANELLE OR CELLULAR COMPONENT / Entity ID: 1, 2, 3 / Source: RECOMBINANT|
|Molecular weight||Experimental value: NO|
|Source (natural)||Organism: Escherichia coli / Strain: K12|
|Source (recombinant)||Organism: Escherichia coli 'BL21-Gold(DE3)pLysS AG' / Plasmid: pET-30a(+)|
|Buffer solution||pH: 7.5|
|Specimen||Conc.: 0.2 mg/ml / Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES|
|Specimen support||Grid material: COPPER / Grid mesh size: 300 / Grid type: Quantifoil|
|Vitrification||Instrument: LEICA EM GP / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Humidity: 95 % / Chamber temperature: 297 kelvins|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI TECNAI 20|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD / C2 aperture diameter: 30 mm|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 32 e/Å2 / Film or detector model: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|CTF correction||Type: PHASE FLIPPING AND AMPLITUDE CORRECTION|
|Particle selection||Details: Particles were manually selected from filaments only|
Number of particles selected: 38786
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: D4|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 10.5 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Number of particles: 17277 / Details: 2 CLASSES WERE MERGED IN THE FINAL RECONSTRUCTION / Symmetry type: POINT|
|Atomic model building||Ref protocol: RIGID BODY FIT|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi