|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 5khc|
|Title||Structure of rubella virus E1 glycoprotein ectodomain fitted into sub-tomogram averaged surface spike density of rubella virus|
|Keywords||VIRAL PROTEIN / Rubella virus / surface glycoprotein spike / E1-E2 heterodimer|
|Specimen source||Rubella virus / virus /|
|Method||Electron microscopy (11.1 Å resolution / Particle / Subtomogram averaging) / Transmission electron microscopy|
|Authors||Mangala Prasad, V. / Klose, T. / Rossmann, M.G.|
|Citation||PLoS Pathog., 2017, 13, e1006377-e1006377|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Jun 14, 2016 / Release: May 10, 2017|
Downloads & links
A: E1 glycoprotein
|#1: Protein/peptide|| |
|Experiment||Method: ELECTRON MICROSCOPY|
|EM experiment||Aggregation state: PARTICLE / Reconstruction method: SUBTOMOGRAM AVERAGING|
|Component||Name: Rubella virus E1-E2 glycoprotein spike / Type: COMPLEX / Entity ID: 1 / Source: MULTIPLE SOURCES|
|Molecular weight||Value: 0.085 deg. / Units: MEGADALTONS / Experimental value: NO|
|Buffer solution||pH: 8|
|Specimen||Conc.: 1 mg/ml|
Details: Rubella virus was purified from Vero cells. Glycoprotein spike volumes were extracted from the surface of virus tomograms.
Embedding applied: NO / Shadowing applied: NO / Staining applied: NO / Vitrification applied: YES
|Specimen support||Grid material: COPPER / Grid mesh size: 200 / Grid type: Quantifoil R 1.2/1.3|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Microscopy||Microscope model: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: SPOT SCAN|
|Electron lens||Mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Nominal magnification: 11000 / Nominal defocus max: 500 nm / Nominal defocus min: 400 nm|
|Image recording||Electron dose: 90 e/Å2 / Detector mode: SUPER-RESOLUTION / Film or detector model: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|CTF correction||Type: PHASE FLIPPING AND AMPLITUDE CORRECTION|
|Symmetry||Point symmetry: C1|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 11.1 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF / Number of particles: 7290 / Symmetry type: POINT|
|EM volume selection||Method: manual picking / Number of tomograms: 15 / Number of volumes extracted: 7500|
|Atomic model building||Ref protocol: RIGID BODY FIT / Ref space: REAL / Target criteria: sumf|
|Atomic model building||PDB-ID: 4ADG|
Pdb chain ID: A / Pdb chain residue range: 1-421
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi