|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 3c4y|
|Title||Crystal Structure of Apo form of G protein coupled receptor kinase 1 at 7.51A|
|Keywords||TRANSFERASE / Ser/Thr kinase / RGS homology domain / G protein coupled receptor kinase / GRK / GRK1 / rhodopsin kinase / P-loop / autophosphorylation / ATP-binding / Lipoprotein / Membrane / Methylation / Nucleotide-binding / Phosphoprotein / Prenylation / Serine/threonine-protein kinase|
|Function / homology|
Function and homology information
rhodopsin kinase / rhodopsin kinase activity / regulation of rhodopsin mediated signaling pathway / Inactivation, recovery and regulation of the phototransduction cascade / regulation of signal transduction / visual perception / photoreceptor disc membrane / protein kinase activity / protein autophosphorylation / protein phosphorylation ...rhodopsin kinase / rhodopsin kinase activity / regulation of rhodopsin mediated signaling pathway / Inactivation, recovery and regulation of the phototransduction cascade / regulation of signal transduction / visual perception / photoreceptor disc membrane / protein kinase activity / protein autophosphorylation / protein phosphorylation / signal transduction / ATP binding / cytoplasm
Similarity search - Function
Rhodopsin kinase GRK1 / Rhodopsin kinase, catalytic domain / GPCR kinase / Regulator of G protein signaling domain / RGS, subdomain 2 / RGS domain / RGS domain profile. / Regulator of G protein signalling domain / RGS domain superfamily / Extension to Ser/Thr-type protein kinases ...Rhodopsin kinase GRK1 / Rhodopsin kinase, catalytic domain / GPCR kinase / Regulator of G protein signaling domain / RGS, subdomain 2 / RGS domain / RGS domain profile. / Regulator of G protein signalling domain / RGS domain superfamily / Extension to Ser/Thr-type protein kinases / AGC-kinase, C-terminal / AGC-kinase C-terminal domain profile. / Serine/threonine-protein kinase, active site / Serine/Threonine protein kinases active-site signature. / Protein kinase domain / Serine/Threonine protein kinases, catalytic domain / Protein kinase, ATP binding site / Protein kinases ATP-binding region signature. / Protein kinase domain profile. / Protein kinase domain / Protein kinase-like domain superfamily
Similarity search - Domain/homology
Rhodopsin kinase GRK1
Similarity search - Component
|Biological species||Bos taurus (cattle)|
|Method||X-RAY DIFFRACTION / SYNCHROTRON / MOLECULAR REPLACEMENT / Resolution: 7.509 Å|
|Authors||Singh, P. / Tesmer, J.J.G.|
|Citation||Journal: J.Biol.Chem. / Year: 2008|
Title: Structures of rhodopsin kinase in different ligand states reveal key elements involved in G protein-coupled receptor kinase activation.
Authors: Singh, P. / Wang, B. / Maeda, T. / Palczewski, K. / Tesmer, J.J.
|Structure viewer||Molecule: |
Downloads & links
A: Rhodopsin kinase
B: Rhodopsin kinase
|Noncrystallographic symmetry (NCS)||NCS domain: |
NCS domain segments:
Refine code: 1
NCS ensembles :
Mass: 61429.934 Da / Num. of mol.: 2 / Fragment: UNP residues 1-535
Source method: isolated from a genetically manipulated source
Source: (gene. exp.) Bos taurus (cattle) / Gene: GRK1, RHOK / Cell line (production host): High 5 / Production host: Trichoplusia ni (cabbage looper) / References: UniProt: P28327, rhodopsin kinase
|Experiment||Method: X-RAY DIFFRACTION / Number of used crystals: 1|
|Crystal||Density Matthews: 3.44 Å3/Da / Density % sol: 64.24 %|
|Crystal grow||Temperature: 277 K / Method: vapor diffusion, hanging drop / pH: 6.4 |
Details: PEG 3350, NaCl, MES pH 6.4, VAPOR DIFFUSION, HANGING DROP, temperature 277K
|Diffraction||Mean temperature: 100 K|
|Diffraction source||Source: SYNCHROTRON / Site: APS / Beamline: 19-ID / Wavelength: 0.97967 Å|
|Detector||Type: ADSC QUANTUM 315 / Detector: CCD / Date: Aug 10, 2005|
|Radiation||Protocol: SINGLE WAVELENGTH / Monochromatic (M) / Laue (L): M / Scattering type: x-ray|
|Radiation wavelength||Wavelength: 0.97967 Å / Relative weight: 1|
|Reflection||Resolution: 7.5→50 Å / Num. obs: 2383|
|Refinement||Method to determine structure: MOLECULAR REPLACEMENT|
Starting model: PDB ENTRY 3C4W
Resolution: 7.509→20 Å / Cor.coef. Fo:Fc: 0.952 / SU B: 630.819 / SU ML: 2.107 / TLS residual ADP flag: LIKELY RESIDUAL / Stereochemistry target values: MAXIMUM LIKELIHOOD / Details: HYDROGENS HAVE BEEN ADDED IN THE RIDING POSITIONS
|Solvent computation||Ion probe radii: 0.8 Å / Shrinkage radii: 0.8 Å / VDW probe radii: 1.4 Å / Solvent model: MASK|
|Displacement parameters||Biso mean: 194.421 Å2|
|Refinement step||Cycle: LAST / Resolution: 7.509→20 Å|
|Refine LS restraints|
|Refine LS restraints NCS|
Dom-ID: 1 / Auth asym-ID: A / Refine-ID: X-RAY DIFFRACTION / Rms dev position: 0.01 Å
|LS refinement shell||Resolution: 7.509→7.676 Å / Total num. of bins used: 20 |
|Refinement TLS params.|
Method: refined / Refine-ID: X-RAY DIFFRACTION
|Refinement TLS group|
-Feb 9, 2022. New format data for meta-information of EMDB entries
New format data for meta-information of EMDB entries
- Version 3 of the EMDB header file is now the official format.
- The previous official version 1.9 will be removed from the archive.
Related info.:EMDB header
External links:wwPDB to switch to version 3 of the EMDB data model
-Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
New page: Covid-19 featured information page in EM Navigator.
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
+Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
- The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force.
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is EMD? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary.
- This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software).
- Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
- The word "yorodu" (or yorozu) is an old Japanese word meaning "ten thousand". "mi" (miru) is to see.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi