|Entry||Database: PDB / ID: 1xyk|
|Title||NMR Structure of the canine prion protein|
|Keywords||UNKNOWN FUNCTION / PrP / prion / Prnp / cPrP|
|Specimen source||Canis lupus familiaris / mammal / dog /|
|Method||Solution NMR (Torsion angle dynamics)|
|Authors||Lysek, D.A. / Schorn, C. / Esteve-Moya, V. / Herrmann, T. / Wuthrich, K.|
|Citation||Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA, 2005, 102, 640-645|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Nov 10, 2004 / Release: Jan 4, 2005|
Downloads & links
A: prion protein
Mass: 13084.538 Da / Num. of mol.: 1 / Fragment: cPrP C-TERMINAL DOMAIN / Source: (gene. exp.) Canis lupus familiaris / mammal / / References: UniProt: O46501
|Experiment||Method: SOLUTION NMR|
|NMR details||Text: This structure was determined using standard 3D techniques|
|NMR sample details||Contents: 1mM cPrP U-15N, 13C; 10mM acetate / Solvent system: 90% H2O/10% D2O|
|NMR experiment sample conditions||Ionic strength: 10 / pH: 4.5 / Pressure: ambient / Temperature: 293 kelvins / Temperature units: K|
|Radiation||Diffraction protocol: SINGLE WAVELENGTH / Monochromatic or laue m l: M|
|Radiation wavelength||Relative weight: 1|
|NMR spectrometer||Manufacturer: Bruker / Model: DRX / Field strength: 750|
|NMR refine||Method: torsion angle dynamics / Software ordinal: 1|
|NMR representative||Selection criteria: fewest violations|
|NMR ensemble||Conformer selection criteria: target function / Conformers calculated total number: 100 / Conformers submitted total number: 20|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi