|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-9857|
|Title||Cryo-EM structure of Chikungunya VLP in complex with its receptor MXRA8|
|Sample||Chikungunya VLP complexed with its receptor MXRA8|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / Resolution: 8.9 Å|
|Authors||Song H / Liu S / Gao GF|
|Citation||Journal: Cell / Year: 2019|
Title: Molecular Basis of Arthritogenic Alphavirus Receptor MXRA8 Binding to Chikungunya Virus Envelope Protein.
Authors: Hao Song / Zhennan Zhao / Yan Chai / Xiyue Jin / Changyao Li / Fei Yuan / Sheng Liu / Zhengrong Gao / Haiyuan Wang / Jian Song / Leonardo Vazquez / Yanfang Zhang / Shuguang Tan / Carlos M Morel / Jinghua Yan / Yi Shi / Jianxun Qi / Feng Gao / George F Gao /
Abstract: Arthritogenic alphaviruses, such as Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), cause severe and debilitating rheumatic diseases worldwide, resulting in severe morbidity and economic costs. Recently, MXRA8 was ...Arthritogenic alphaviruses, such as Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), cause severe and debilitating rheumatic diseases worldwide, resulting in severe morbidity and economic costs. Recently, MXRA8 was reported as an entry receptor. Here, we present the crystal structures of the mouse MXRA8, human MXRA8 in complex with the CHIKV E protein, and the cryo-electron microscopy structure of human MXRA8 and CHIKV virus-like particle. MXRA8 has two Ig-like domains with unique structural topologies. This receptor binds in the "canyon" between two protomers of the E spike on the surface of the virion. The atomic details at the interface between the two binding entities reveal that both the two domains and the hinge region of MXRA8 are involved in interaction with CHIKV E1-E2 residues from two protomers. Notably, the stalk region of MXRA8 is critical for CHIKV virus entry. This finding provides important information regarding the development of therapeutic countermeasures against those arthritogenic alphaviruses.
|Date||Deposition: Mar 20, 2019 / Header (metadata) release: May 15, 2019 / Map release: May 15, 2019 / Update: May 15, 2019|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_9857.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 149.9 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.7 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Chikungunya VLP complexed with its receptor MXRA8
|Entire||Name: Chikungunya VLP complexed with its receptor MXRA8 / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, Chikungunya VLP complexed with its receptor MXRA8
|Protein||Name: Chikungunya VLP complexed with its receptor MXRA8 / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Chikungunya virus / Strain: 119067|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Homo sapiens (human) / Cell of expression system: 293T|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.4|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 40 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 QUANTUM (4k x 4k)|
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi