|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 5383|
|Title||Marine Bacteriophage SIO-2 with T12 symmetry (Procapsid)|
|Map data||SIO-2 prophage|
|Sample||Marine Phage SIO-2:|
|Keywords||procapsid / Marine Bacteriophage / Phage / Virus / Decoration Proteins / Ig-like|
|Source||Vibrio phage SIO-2 (bacteriophage)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / 15 Å resolution|
|Authors||Lander GC / Baudoux AC / Azam F / Potter CS / Carragher B / Johnson JE|
|Citation||Journal: Structure / Year: 2012|
Title: Capsomer dynamics and stabilization in the T = 12 marine bacteriophage SIO-2 and its procapsid studied by CryoEM.
Authors: Gabriel C Lander / Anne-Claire Baudoux / Farooq Azam / Clinton S Potter / Bridget Carragher / John E Johnson
Abstract: We report the subnanometer cryo-electron microscopy (cryoEM) reconstruction of a marine siphovirus, the Vibrio phage SIO-2. This phage is lytic for related Vibrio species with significant ecological ...We report the subnanometer cryo-electron microscopy (cryoEM) reconstruction of a marine siphovirus, the Vibrio phage SIO-2. This phage is lytic for related Vibrio species with significant ecological importance, including the broadly antagonistic bacterium Vibrio sp. SWAT3. The three-dimensional structure of the 800 Å SIO-2, icosahedrally averaged head of the tailed particle revealed a T = 12 quasi-symmetry not previously described in a bacteriophage. Two morphologically distinct types of auxiliary proteins were also identified; one species bound to the surface of hexamers, and the other bound to pentamers. The secondary structure, evident in the electron density, shows that the major capsid protein has the HK97-like fold. The three-dimensional structure of the procapsid form, also presented here, has no "decoration" proteins and reveals a capsomer organization due to the constraints of the T = 12 symmetry.
|Date||Deposition: Jan 10, 2012 / Header (metadata) release: Jan 12, 2012 / Map release: Jan 12, 2012 / Last update: Mar 14, 2012|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||emd_5383.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 22783 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 3.9 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Marine Phage SIO-2
|Entire||Name: Marine Phage SIO-2 / Details: procapsid / Number of components: 1 / Oligomeric State: immature capsid|
|Mass||Theoretical: 12.2 MDa|
-Component #1: virus, Vibrio phage SIO-2
|Virus||Name: Vibrio phage SIO-2 / a.k.a: SIO-2 / Class: VIRION / Details: particles were present with mature phage prep / Empty: Yes / Enveloped: No / Isolate: STRAIN|
|Mass||Theoretical: 12.2 MDa|
|Species||Species: Vibrio phage SIO-2 (bacteriophage)|
|Source (natural)||Host Species: Vibrio sp. SWAT-3 / Host category: BACTERIA(EUBACTERIA)|
|Shell #1||Name of element: gene84 / Diameter: 600 Å / T number(triangulation number): 12|
|Specimen||Specimen state: particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: 100 kDa-filtered autoclaved seawater|
|Support film||200 mesh Cu grid|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 78 K / Humidity: 100 % / Method: blot for 4 seconds before plunging / Details: Vitrification instrument: Vitrobot|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI 20 / Date: Jun 13, 2009 / Details: Collected using Leginon software|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 200 kV / Electron dose: 30 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 80000 X (nominal), 80000 X (calibrated)|
Astigmatism: objective lens astigmatism was corrected at 210K times magnification
Cs: 2 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 1800 - 3000 nm
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Gatan CT3500 / Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN / Temperature: 78 K ( 78 - 78 K)|
|Camera||Detector: TVIPS TEMCAM-F415 (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 6628 / Sampling size: 0.975 microns|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction|
Details: particles automatically selected and manually edited
Number of projections: 1179 / Applied symmetry: I (icosahedral)
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: Projection matching / Software: EMAN, Frealign / CTF correction: whole micrograph / Resolution: 15 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5|
-Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.: Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi