|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 6445|
|Title||Atomic structure of a non-enveloped virus reveals pH sensors for a coordinated process of cell entry|
|Keywords||Non-enveloped virus / cell entry / cryo-EM / pH sensor|
|Sample||BTV virion at pH 3.4 without imposing a reverse B-factor to boost high frequency signals|
|Source||Bluetongue virus 1 / virus|
|Map data||The whole map of BTV virion at pH 3.4 without imposing a reverse B-factor to boost high frequency signals|
|Method||single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction, at 3.3 Å resolution|
|Authors||Zhang X / Patel A / Celma C / Roy P / Zhou ZH|
|Citation||Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol., 2016, 23, 74-80|
|Date||Deposition: Aug 27, 2015 / Header (metadata) release: Sep 23, 2015 / Map release: Dec 9, 2015 / Last update: Jan 20, 2016|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_6445.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 524289 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.89 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire BTV virion at pH 3.4 without imposing a reverse B-factor to boost...
|Entire||Name: BTV virion at pH 3.4 without imposing a reverse B-factor to boost high frequency signals|
Number of components: 1
-Component #1: virus, Bluetongue virus 1
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: citrate buffer / pH: 3.4|
|Support film||thin carbon on a lacey holey carbon support film|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 90 K / Humidity: 100 %|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS / Date: May 11, 2011|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN ULTRASCAN 4000 (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 350 / Sampling size: 15 microns / Bit depth: 32|
|Processing||Method: single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction / Applied symmetry: I (icosahedral) / Number of projections: 4503|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: reference match / Software: Frealign / CTF correction: each particle / Resolution: 3.3 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143, semi-independent|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi