|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 8860|
|Title||Cryo-EM structure of the T2SS secretin XcpQ from Pseudomonas aeruginosa|
|Sample||Type 2 secretion system outer membrane secretin XcpQ|
|Source||Pseudomonas aeruginosa pao1 / bacteria|
|Map data||T2SS secretin XcpQ from Pseudomonas aeruginosa|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 3.57 Å resolution|
|Authors||Hay ID / Belousoff MJ|
|Citation||MBio, 2017, 8|
|Validation Report||PDB-ID: 5wln|
SummaryFull reportAbout validation report
|Date||Deposition: Jul 27, 2017 / Header (metadata) release: Oct 18, 2017 / Map release: Oct 25, 2017 / Last update: Nov 1, 2017|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_8860.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 136049 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.06 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Type 2 secretion system outer membrane secretin XcpQ
|Entire||Name: Type 2 secretion system outer membrane secretin XcpQ / Number of components: 2|
|Mass||Theoretical: 1000 kDa|
-Component #1: protein, Type 2 secretion system outer membrane secretin XcpQ
|Protein||Name: Type 2 secretion system outer membrane secretin XcpQ / Recombinant expression: No|
|Mass||Theoretical: 1000 kDa|
|Source||Species: Pseudomonas aeruginosa pao1 / bacteria|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Escherichia coli / bacteria / / / Vector: pET20b / Strain: C43|
-Component #2: protein, Type II secretion system protein D
|Protein||Name: Type II secretion system protein D / Recombinant expression: No|
|Mass||Theoretical: 66.485656 kDa|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Pseudomonas aeruginosa (strain atcc 15692 / dsm 22644 / cip 104116 / jcm 14847 / lmg 12228 / 1c / prs 101 / pao1) / bacteria|
Strain: ATCC 15692 / DSM 22644 / CIP 104116 / JCM 14847 / LMG 12228 / 1C / PRS 101 / PAO1
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 0.5 mg/ml / pH: 8|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK II / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 277 K / Humidity: 100 %|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 40 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 130000 X (calibrated) / Cs: 2.7 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Energy filter: Gatan|
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 (4k x 4k)|
-Atomic model buiding
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi