|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 8325|
|Title||Beta-propiolactone treated coxsackievirus A16 empty procapsid|
|Source||COXSACKIEVIRUS A16 / virus|
|Map data||Beta-propiolactone treated coxsackievirus A16 empty procapsid|
|Method||single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction, at 6.5 Å resolution|
|Authors||Chen F / Yao C|
|Citation||To Be Published|
|Validation Report||PDB-ID: 5tsk|
About validation report
|Date||Deposition: Aug 12, 2016 / Header (metadata) release: Oct 12, 2016 / Map release: Feb 1, 2017 / Last update: Mar 15, 2017|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_8325.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 256001 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.1 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire COXSACKIEVIRUS A16
|Entire||Name: COXSACKIEVIRUS A16 / Number of components: 1|
|Mass||Theoretical: 5 MDa|
-Component #1: virus, COXSACKIEVIRUS A16
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 0.0032 mg/ml / pH: 7.6|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK III / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 120 K / Humidity: 100 % / Details: blot for 2 seconds|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 25 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 57000 X (nominal) / Cs: 0.007 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 1500 - 2500 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER / Temperature: K ( 70 - 90 K)|
|Camera||Detector: FEI FALCON II (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 1350|
Details: Images were recorded on a Falcon II direct electron detector in the 18-frame movie mode
|Processing||Method: single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction / Applied symmetry: I (icosahedral) / Number of projections: 1642|
|3D reconstruction||Software: jspr|
CTF correction: CTF fitting was automatically performed using fitctf2.py program in jspr
Resolution: 6.5 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF
-Atomic model buiding
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi