|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 6719|
|Title||Cryo-EM structure of mammalian respiratory complex I matrix arm|
|Map data||This map was obtained by sub-region refinement with step-by-step reduction of the soft mask.|
|Sample||Mammalian respiratory complex I matix arm:|
|Source||Sus scrofa (pig)|
|Method||single particle reconstruction / cryo EM / 3.38 Å resolution|
|Authors||Gu J / Wu M / Yang M|
|Citation||Journal: Cell / Year: 2016|
Title: Structure of Mammalian Respiratory Supercomplex IIIIIV.
Authors: Meng Wu / Jinke Gu / Runyu Guo / Yushen Huang / Maojun Yang
Abstract: The mammalian respiratory chain complexes assemble into supercomplexes (SCs) and reside in the inner mitochondrial membrane to transfer electrons and establish the proton gradient for complex V to ...The mammalian respiratory chain complexes assemble into supercomplexes (SCs) and reside in the inner mitochondrial membrane to transfer electrons and establish the proton gradient for complex V to synthesize ATP. The precise arrangement of SCs is largely unknown. Here, we report a 4.0-Å cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) structure of the major SC in porcine heart, the 1.7-MDa SCIIIIIV. The complex III (CIII) dimer and complex IV (CIV) bind at the same side of the L-shaped complex I (CI). Several accessory or supernumerary subunits of CI, such as NDUFA11, NDUFB4, NDUFB8, and NDUFB9, directly contribute to the oligomerization of CI, CIII, and CIV. COX7C and COX7A of CIV attach CIV to the concave surface formed by CIII and the distal end of membrane arm of CI. The structure suggests a possible mechanism by which electrons are transferred from NADH to cytochrome c and provides a platform for future functional dissection of respiration.
|Date||Deposition: Apr 16, 2017 / Header (metadata) release: May 3, 2017 / Map release: May 3, 2017 / Last update: May 3, 2017|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||emd_6719.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 442369 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.08 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Mammalian respiratory complex I matix arm
|Entire||Name: Mammalian respiratory complex I matix arm / Details: Respiratory complex I matix arm from Sus scrofa / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, Mammalian respiratory complex I matix arm
|Protein||Name: Mammalian respiratory complex I matix arm / Details: Respiratory complex I matix arm from Sus scrofa / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Sus scrofa (pig)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 0.2 mg/ml / pH: 7.4|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE / Humidity: 100 %|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 1.25 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: OTHER|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: FEI FALCON II (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric) / Number of projections: 161912|
|3D reconstruction||Software: RELION / Resolution: 3.38 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
-Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
+Apr 13, 2016. Omokage search got faster
Omokage search got faster
- The computation time became ~1/2 compared to the previous version by re-optimization of data accession
- Enjoy "shape similarity" of biomolecules, more!
Related info.: Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi