|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 5421|
|Title||Archaeoglobus fulgidus methylation-guide sRNP|
|Keywords||archaea / box C/D sRNP / single particle EM / rRNA modification / RNA-protein complex / non-coding RNA|
|Sample||Archaeoglobus fulgidus methylation-guide sRNP|
|Source||Archaeoglobus fulgidus / archaea / thermophilic / アーキオグロブス・フルギダス|
|Map data||Projection matching single particle reconstruction of Archaeoglobus fulgidus box C/D sRNP, 26 Angstrom resolution|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 26 Å resolution|
|Authors||Bower-Phipps KR / Taylor DW / Wang HW / Baserga SJ|
|Citation||RNA, 2012, 18, 1527-1540|
|Date||Deposition: May 8, 2012 / Header (metadata) release: Jun 5, 2012 / Map release: Jul 9, 2012 / Last update: Jul 9, 2012|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_5421.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 8193 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.7 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Archaeoglobus fulgidus methylation-guide sRNP
|Entire||Name: Archaeoglobus fulgidus methylation-guide sRNP / Number of components: 1|
Oligomeric State: Four copies of each box C/D core protein could be docked in this map.
|Mass||Theoretical: 308 kDa|
-Component #1: protein, ribonucleoprotein
|Protein||Name: ribonucleoprotein / a.k.a: box C/D sRNP / Recombinant expression: Yes|
|Mass||Theoretical: 308 kDa|
|Source||Species: Archaeoglobus fulgidus / archaea / thermophilic / アーキオグロブス・フルギダス|
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: 20mM HEPES, 500mM NaCl, 1.5mM MgCl2 / pH: 7.5|
|Staining||2% uranyl formate|
|Vitrification||Instrument: NONE / Cryogen name: NONE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI 12 / Date: Sep 9, 2011 / Details: low-dose conditions|
|Electron gun||Electron source: LAB6 / Accelerating voltage: 120 kV / Electron dose: 20 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 42000 X (nominal) / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: SIDE ENTRY, EUCENTRIC|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN ULTRASCAN 4000 (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 6336 / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric)|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: Projection matching / Software: SPIDER / Resolution: 26 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5|
-Atomic model buiding
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi