|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 5413|
|Title||CryoEM map of the mature astrovirus (HAstV-1)|
|Sample||mature human astrovirus HAstV-1|
|Source||Human astrovirus / virus|
|Map data||Reconstruction of mature human astrovirus HAstV-1|
|Method||single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction, at 25 Å resolution|
|Authors||Dryden KA / Tihova M / Nowotny N / Matsui SM / Mendez E / Yeager M|
|Citation||J. Mol. Biol., 2012, 422, 650-658|
|Date||Deposition: Apr 24, 2012 / Header (metadata) release: Jun 28, 2012 / Map release: Jun 28, 2012 / Last update: Nov 7, 2012|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_5413.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 61772 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire mature human astrovirus HAstV-1
|Entire||Name: mature human astrovirus HAstV-1 / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: virus, Human astrovirus
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: 50mM Tris-HCl, pH 8, 100mM NaCl, 10mM MgCl2, 10mM CaCl2|
|Support film||holey carbon, glow discharged with amylamine|
|Vitrification||Instrument: HOMEMADE PLUNGER / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Method: watch drop spread on filter paper before plunging|
-Electron microscopy imaging
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI/PHILIPS CM120T / Date: Sep 22, 1997|
|Electron gun||Electron source: LAB6 / Accelerating voltage: 120 kV / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 35000 X (nominal) / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 1450 - 1850 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN|
|Camera||Detector: KODAK SO-163 FILM|
|Image acquisition||Number of digital images: 6 / Scanner: ZEISS SCAI / Sampling size: 7 microns|
|Processing||Method: single particle (icosahedral) reconstruction|
Details: Particles were selected with X3D, and processed with Auto3dem.
Number of projections: 397 / Applied symmetry: I (icosahedral)
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: polar Fourier transform / Software: Auto3dem / Resolution: 25 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi