|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 4372|
|Title||Ribosome subtomogram average obtained for control yeast cells|
|Map data||Ribosome subtomogram average obtained for control yeast cells|
|Sample||Cytosolic 80S ribosome:|
|Source||Saccharomyces cerevisiae W303 (yeast)|
|Method||subtomogram averaging / cryo EM / 11.5 Å resolution|
|Authors||Pfeffer S / Engel BD / Schaffer M|
|Citation||Journal: Cell / Year: 2018|
Title: mTORC1 Controls Phase Separation and the Biophysical Properties of the Cytoplasm by Tuning Crowding.
Authors: M Delarue / G P Brittingham / S Pfeffer / I V Surovtsev / S Pinglay / K J Kennedy / M Schaffer / J I Gutierrez / D Sang / G Poterewicz / J K Chung / J M Plitzko / J T Groves / C Jacobs-Wagner / B D Engel / L J Holt
Abstract: Macromolecular crowding has a profound impact on reaction rates and the physical properties of the cell interior, but the mechanisms that regulate crowding are poorly understood. We developed ...Macromolecular crowding has a profound impact on reaction rates and the physical properties of the cell interior, but the mechanisms that regulate crowding are poorly understood. We developed genetically encoded multimeric nanoparticles (GEMs) to dissect these mechanisms. GEMs are homomultimeric scaffolds fused to a fluorescent protein that self-assemble into bright, stable particles of defined size and shape. By combining tracking of GEMs with genetic and pharmacological approaches, we discovered that the mTORC1 pathway can modulate the effective diffusion coefficient of particles ≥20 nm in diameter more than 2-fold by tuning ribosome concentration, without any discernable effect on the motion of molecules ≤5 nm. This change in ribosome concentration affected phase separation both in vitro and in vivo. Together, these results establish a role for mTORC1 in controlling both the mesoscale biophysical properties of the cytoplasm and biomolecular condensation.
|Date||Deposition: Apr 16, 2018 / Header (metadata) release: May 16, 2018 / Map release: Jun 27, 2018 / Last update: Jul 25, 2018|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||emd_4372.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 8389 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 3.42 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Cytosolic 80S ribosome
|Entire||Name: Cytosolic 80S ribosome / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: protein, Cytosolic 80S ribosome
|Protein||Name: Cytosolic 80S ribosome / Recombinant expression: No|
|Source||Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae W303 (yeast)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: OTHER / Details: 10 seconds blot time, blot force 10.|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 1.5 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Defocus: 6000.0 nm|
|Specimen Holder||Model: FEI TITAN KRIOS AUTOGRID HOLDER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: subtomogram averaging / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric) / Number of subtomograms: 36974|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: BACK PROJECTION / Resolution: 11.5 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.143 CUT-OFF|
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
-Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi
+Apr 13, 2016. Omokage search got faster
Omokage search got faster
- The computation time became ~1/2 compared to the previous version by re-optimization of data accession
- Enjoy "shape similarity" of biomolecules, more!
Related info.: Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi