|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 3892|
|Title||State F (Rix1-TAP Rpf2-Flag) - Visualizing the assembly pathway of nucleolar pre-60S ribosomes|
|Map data||State F (Rix1-TAP Rpf2-Flag) - Visualizing the assembly pathway of nucleolar pre-60S ribosmes|
|Sample||Large subunit biogenesis particle purified via Rix1-TAP and Rpf2-Flag|
|Source||Saccharomyces cerevisiae / / yeast /|
|Method||Cryo EM / single particle reconstruction / 3.3 Å resolution|
|Authors||Kater L / Thoms M / Barrio-Garcia C / Cheng J / Ismail S / Ahmed YL / Bange G / Kressler D / Berninghausen O / Sinning I / Hurt E / Beckmann R|
|Citation||Journal: Cell / Year: 2017|
Title: Visualizing the Assembly Pathway of Nucleolar Pre-60S Ribosomes.
Authors: Lukas Kater / Matthias Thoms / Clara Barrio-Garcia / Jingdong Cheng / Sherif Ismail / Yasar Luqman Ahmed / Gert Bange / Dieter Kressler / Otto Berninghausen / Irmgard Sinning / Ed Hurt / Roland Beckmann
Abstract: Eukaryotic 60S ribosomal subunits are comprised of three rRNAs and ∼50 ribosomal proteins. The initial steps of their formation take place in the nucleolus, but, owing to a lack of structural ...Eukaryotic 60S ribosomal subunits are comprised of three rRNAs and ∼50 ribosomal proteins. The initial steps of their formation take place in the nucleolus, but, owing to a lack of structural information, this process is poorly understood. Using cryo-EM, we solved structures of early 60S biogenesis intermediates at 3.3 Å to 4.5 Å resolution, thereby providing insights into their sequential folding and assembly pathway. Besides revealing distinct immature rRNA conformations, we map 25 assembly factors in six different assembly states. Notably, the Nsa1-Rrp1-Rpf1-Mak16 module stabilizes the solvent side of the 60S subunit, and the Erb1-Ytm1-Nop7 complex organizes and connects through Erb1's meandering N-terminal extension, eight assembly factors, three ribosomal proteins, and three 25S rRNA domains. Our structural snapshots reveal the order of integration and compaction of the six major 60S domains within early nucleolar 60S particles developing stepwise from the solvent side around the exit tunnel to the central protuberance.
Copyright: 2017 The Authors. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
|Date||Deposition: Sep 29, 2017 / Header (metadata) release: Dec 20, 2017 / Map release: Dec 27, 2017 / Last update: Dec 27, 2017|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_3892.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 296353 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.084 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Large subunit biogenesis particle purified via Rix1-TAP and Rpf2-Flag
|Entire||Name: Large subunit biogenesis particle purified via Rix1-TAP and Rpf2-Flag|
Number of components: 1
-Component #1: protein, Large subunit biogenesis particle purified via Rix1-TAP ...
|Protein||Name: Large subunit biogenesis particle purified via Rix1-TAP and Rpf2-Flag|
Recombinant expression: No
|Source||Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae / / yeast /|
|Specimen||Specimen state: particle / Method: Cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.5|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT MARK IV / Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 27 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Cs: 2.7 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: FEI FALCON II (4k x 4k)|
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
-Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Apr 13, 2016. Omokage search got faster
Omokage search got faster
- The computation time became ~1/2 compared to the previous version by re-optimization of data accession
- Enjoy "shape similarity" of biomolecules, more!
Related info.: Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi