|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 3858|
|Title||Structure of Aeropyrum pernix bacilliform virus 1 APBV1 helical capsid blunt end|
|Sample||Aeropyrum pernix bacilliform virus 1|
|Source||Aeropyrum pernix bacilliform virus 1 / virus / image: Aeropyrum pernix K1|
|Map data||APBV1 capsid blunt end|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 7.1 Å resolution|
|Authors||Huiskonen JT / Ptchelkine D / Gillum A|
|Citation||Nat Commun, 2017, 8, 1436-1436|
|Date||Deposition: Sep 6, 2017 / Header (metadata) release: Nov 22, 2017 / Map release: Nov 22, 2017 / Last update: Jan 31, 2018|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_3858.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 67109 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 1.35 Å|
CCP4 map header:
|File||emd_3858_msk_1.map ( map file in CCP4 format, 67109 KB )|
|Projections & Slices|
|Data type||Image stored as Reals|
|Annotation details||Mask used for FSC calculation|
|Space group number||1|
-Entire Aeropyrum pernix bacilliform virus 1
|Entire||Name: Aeropyrum pernix bacilliform virus 1 / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: virus, Aeropyrum pernix bacilliform virus 1
|Virus||Name: Aeropyrum pernix bacilliform virus 1 / Class: VIRION / Empty: No / Enveloped: No / Isolate: SPECIES|
|Species||Species: Aeropyrum pernix bacilliform virus 1 / virus / image: Aeropyrum pernix K1|
|Source (natural)||Host Species: Aeropyrum pernix / archaea / thermophilic / Wikipedia / image: Aeropyrum pernix K1|
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: distilled water / pH: 7|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE-PROPANE MIXTURE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai Polara / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI POLARA 300|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 1 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Magnification: 37037 X (calibrated) / Cs: 2 mm / Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD / Energy filter: GIF Quantum LS / Energy window: 0-20 eV|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 QUANTUM (4k x 4k)|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi