|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: 1753|
|Title||YEAST RNA POLYMERASE III|
|Keywords||Transcription / RNA polymerase / tRNA|
|Sample||RNA polymerase III|
|Source||Saccharomyces cerevisiae / yeast / Baker's Yeast / サッカロミセス・セレビシエ /|
|Map data||RNA-Polymerase III in its free form|
|Method||single particle reconstruction, at 21 Å resolution|
|Authors||Vannini A / Ringel R / Kusser AG / Berninghausen O / Kassavetis GA / Cramer P|
|Citation||Cell, 2010, 143, 59-70|
|Date||Deposition: Jun 30, 2010 / Header (metadata) release: Jul 23, 2010 / Map release: Oct 8, 2010 / Last update: Dec 11, 2013|
Downloads & links
|File||emd_1753.map.gz (map file in CCP4 format, 2849 KB)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider package.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 3.31 Å|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire RNA polymerase III
|Entire||Name: RNA polymerase III / Details: The sample was monodisperse / Number of components: 1 / Oligomeric State: Monomeric|
|Mass||Theoretical: 700 kDa / Experimental: 700 kDa / Measured by: Native Mass Spectrometry|
-Component #1: protein, RNA polymerase III
|Protein||Name: RNA polymerase III / a.k.a: RNA polymerase III / Oligomeric Details: Monomeric / Recombinant expression: Yes / Number of Copies: 1|
|Mass||Theoretical: 700 kDa / Experimental: 700 kDa|
|Source||Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae / yeast / Baker's Yeast / サッカロミセス・セレビシエ / |
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Saccharomyces cerevisiae / yeast / サッカロミセス・セレビシエ /|
|Source (natural)||Location in cell: Nucleus|
|Sample solution||Specimen conc.: 0.1 mg/ml|
Buffer solution: 20mM Hepes pH 7.8, 50 mM Ammonium Sulfate, 0.1 mM MgCl2, 0.01 mM ZnCl2, 5mM DTT
|Support film||Quantifoil R3/3 2nm carbon pre-coated holey grids|
|Vitrification||Instrument: FEI VITROBOT / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 184 K / Humidity: 95 % / Details: Vitrification instrument: Vitrobot, FEI|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Tecnai F20 / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TECNAI F20|
|Electron gun||Electron source: LAB6 / Accelerating voltage: 120 kV / Illumination mode: OTHER|
|Lens||Imaging mode: OTHER|
|Specimen Holder||Holder: Eucentric / Model: GATAN LIQUID NITROGEN|
|Processing||Method: single particle reconstruction / Number of projections: 20480 / Applied symmetry: C1 (asymmetric)|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 21 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5|
-Oct 4, 2017. Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
Three pioneers of this field were awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2017
- Jacques Dubochet (University of Lausanne, Switzerland) is a pioneer of ice-embedding method of EM specimen (as known as cryo-EM), Most of 3DEM structures in EMDB and PDB are obtained using his method.
- Joachim Frank (Columbia University, New York, USA) is a pioneer of single particle reconstruction, which is the most used reconstruction method for 3DEM structures in EMDB and EM entries in PDB. And also, he is a develper of Spider, which is one of the most famous software in this field, and is used for some EM Navigor data (e.g. map projection/slice images).
- Richard Henderson (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK) was determined the first biomolecule structure by EM. The first EM entry in PDB, PDB-1brd is determinedby him.
External links: The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Press Release
-Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.: Omokage search
+Sep 15, 2016. EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
EM Navigator & Yorodumi renewed
- New versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi started
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
+Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
New EM Navigator & Yorodumi
- In 15th Sep 2016, the development versions of EM Navigator and Yorodumi will replace the official versions.
- Current version will continue as 'legacy version' for some time.
Related info.: Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi / EM Navigator / Yorodumi / EM Navigator (legacy version) / Yorodumi (legacy version)
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- All the functionalities will be ported from the levgacy version.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.: Yorodumi (legacy version) / EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi